Guess it just isn’t my time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess it just isn’t my time...

I started feeling bad early last week. Judging by the headache and slight chest pain I did what I always do and self diagnosed myself and chalked it up to being a sinus infection. Well Friday night after my daughters graduation, the headache and chest discomfort got so bad that I needed some relief so my lovely wife and I headed to Memorial Herman in sugarland. After a few tests they determined that I had a minor heart attack. Well unfortunately, It was down hill from there because over the next 18 hours the lab results got worse. My enzymes were elevated and rising. Thankfully my cardiologist Dr Mehra moved my angiogram up 24 hours and went in yesterday to scope it out. Now I’m just a welder by trade but it didn’t take no rocket scientist to figure out what he found was no bueno por chit.

99% blockage in the artery known as the widow maker. Dr Mehra and his crew placed a stent in the clogged artery and without a doubt, saved my life.

I would have never in a million years expected for this to happen to me. I’m 37 years old, non smoker, no fast food, no fried food and in fairly decent shape. Not Speedo shape but fairly decent shape lol.

With my soul mate by my side, a recent high school getting ready for the real world and an amazing 10yo son, I’m no where near done with my job down here. I thank the Lord for getting my hardheaded butt to the ER and the staff at Memorial Herman for another great experience.

Glad you’re ok!

Comment

So happy for you and the family. Good Lord was looking out. Take care of yourself, B.

Comment

Someone was looking out for you

Comment

You are very lucky/fortunate, whatever you call it...that was a bad one!
          Best wishes and thank your Guardian Angel Brother!!

Comment

That right there is perfect testimony why you don’t mess around or “tough it out” when you have chest pain, no matter your age. Thank God you had the good sense to get checked! For too many, the first symptom of heart problems is sudden death.

Comment

Wow! Glad you're ok!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you're okay!

Comment

Scary stuff to read. Glad there was a positive outcome to this story for you, the wife and the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Holy smokes! Get well brother!

Comment

Prayers for you! Good thing everything was caught in time

Comment

wow prayers for a great recovery

Comment

Wow.. You are a lucky man.. Glad you are still with us..

Comment

Prayer of thanks and glad you're ok.

Comment

Good job of getting yourself checked out, and in time! Just curious, does heart disease run in your family.

Comment

Working...
                              X