Choke Canyon Bass Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choke Canyon Bass Fishing

I have a tournament at Choke Canyon next weekend. I have never fished or been to this lake. I know the lake is about 14ft low and from what I have read, it has a lot of boat hazards. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

U will Prob will encounter come of the biggest alligators you have ever seen. Caught fish in the Callaghan Ramp cove. 4fingers is a good area and the coves by the dam. There are a lot of old tank dams that show up on the various map chips that use to hold fish. Been a long time since I fished there though so things may have changed.

Comment

With all this rain today there will be muddy water up where the frio dumps into the lake. Best fishing I’ve been a part of was near the dam with deep diving crankbaits, biggest fish I have seen were on beds on south shoreline. And yes, there are loads of big gators.

Comment

I caught pretty good deep and slow around four fingers
        Don’t fall out of the boat and watch the wind it can get big

Comment

Deep cranks and Texas rig brush hogs along river channel close to dam. River channel close to four fingers point, and along shore west of south shore ramp ( couple old house debris under about 10 ft) until it rained yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
            Deep cranks and Texas rig brush hogs along river channel close to dam. River channel close to four fingers point, and along shore west of south shore ramp ( couple old house debris under about 10 ft) until it rained yesterday.
            How stumpy is it running from Calliham to 4 fingers / Dam area? or maybe from south shore ramp? I have seen some advice on staying in the river channel and some say not to go that way. The way the lake fluctuate, when they say the lake is low. I don't know if they are talking about dangerous at 30ft low or 14ft low. Right now it is listed at 14ft low

Comment

I fished a tournament there a couple years ago it was over 30 ft low. It won’t be bad at 14ft low. There’s rocks on both sides right up to the ****. I did well on square bill there shad colored. Flipped brush hogs around trees in four fingers and caught some fish. Spinnerbaits and square bill at day light on points produced the best fish they just don’t stay long. Frogs in the grass will get you a few bites as well. Then flip the outside grass line.

Comment

Watch the wind.

Comment

I went a couple weeks back and the hydrilla is outrageous!!!! It was matted up on the surface in 15-18’ of water and it’s everywhere. Watch the wind because there’s a lot of big open water and it can get dangerous when the wind picks up. Lots of good fishing around the dam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
                    Haven’t fished choke in several years but is great fishing. You will see big gators and big gar. My second big fish came from choke several years ago. Choke canyon is my third best lake to fish. South shores line by the dam is a great place to start but never forget the banks around the boat launch’s.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

South shore is better to get to four fingers but Callaham is easy just further. You can hit river channel and run down it pretty easy. When deep cranking make sure your bouncing them things off trees and tree limbs along river channel this time of year. If you get em fired up you’ll do well. Or be wore out. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X