No announcement yet.

Destin Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually in big beach towns like that you’re safe not booking fishing trips very far in advance.

Comment

Do they have non resident day licenses there or do you need to fish off the beach?

Comment

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post
        The one on the gulf side?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yep. I believe they said it was the longest fishing pier in the Gulf of Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          Yep. I believe they said it was the longest fishing pier in the Gulf of Mexico.
          I'll have to check the area out some more. Didnt seem that long, but dang it was high off the water. And packed. There was a lot of activity this afternoon where we were swimming, of course I left the fishing gear back at the camper.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
            Do they have non resident day licenses there or do you need to fish off the beach?
            They have a 3 day non resident for $17

Comment

We had a good day offshore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

nice snapper. They will eat good!

Comment

If you are looking for a really good dinner go to Old Bay Steamers in Ft. Walton Beach just across the bridge. It is really good! My wife and I just talked about catching a flight down and eating there for dinner. Then spend the night and hit it again the next night before we fly home. I guess you could say we like their food!

Comment

If you do go fishing, ask the guide for his recommendation to take fresh caught fish in a restaurant and they will cook it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                        Ok been there several times, love the beach there... Food is exspensive and overall just ehh... You will have better meals bringing in good stuff and cooking. Cafe 30a is ok.... If V is open it's probably best but $$$$... The fish place in seaside with grouper sandwich is ok.

I would bring in steak and fish it would be cheaper and better. Buy it at Sam's or something if you are driving and save even more

Fishing wise,call Patrick, tell him what you got and take his suggestion. Good guy, an Aggie, and a heck of a guide

https://slowandlowcoastal.com/
                        Are you smokin’ somethin’?? The food is just “ehh”?? What in the world. Destin has some great seafood. I’ve eaten seafood all over the place and there’s no reason to say that the food is “ehh”. Man...I don’t know what to say....I’m offended. BS aside...my family and I love Destin. It is touristy but we still love it.

Comment

Originally posted by rjvenema View Post
                          If you do go fishing, ask the guide for his recommendation to take fresh caught fish in a restaurant and they will cook it for you.

AJ’s. A lot of places have quit cooking fresh caught fish but AJ’s will and it’s excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
                            Are you smokin’ somethin’?? The food is just “ehh”?? What in the world. Destin has some great seafood. I’ve eaten seafood all over the place and there’s no reason to say that the food is “ehh”. Man...I don’t know what to say....I’m offended. BS aside...my family and I love Destin. It is touristy but we still love it.

We had some great food there last week. Bochamps I think is how you spell one of the places we went and their food was really good overall. The snapper Destin was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                            X