Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

outfitter pool

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
    We are in for the NM draw! Three of us put in with the outfitter pool even though we are DIY.
    Good luck to everyone....except if you are putting in for our unit....lol.
    If you use an outfitter number, you are supposed to have a signed contract first. the outfitter has to then be in camp 2 days at the least.
    If you draw, your outfitter has to have forest permits for your camp to be legal. I hope you read the outfiitter section in the book. You could have Fish and game and forest rangers in camp, neither use common sense or logic, they write citations and let the judge handle the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
      If you use an outfitter number, you are supposed to have a signed contract first. the outfitter has to then be in camp 2 days at the least.
      If you draw, your outfitter has to have forest permits for your camp to be legal. I hope you read the outfiitter section in the book. You could have Fish and game and forest rangers in camp, neither use common sense or logic, they write citations and let the judge handle the rest.
      Yep our outfitter has been guiding and outfitting in this unit for many years. The onus is on the outfitter to meet the requirements for the outfitter pool....or they lose their license (outfitter malpractice). With regards to checking hunters, just like any game warden they can write you up for just about anything....you can beat the rap but you can't beat the ride....lol.

We are very familiar with SB196 and the outfitter pool requirements. Some outfitters provide drop camp style hunts to comply with the regs....others do a 2 day guided thing. They have to specify the number of days they will accompany you in their contract. If we draw we are being guided for 2 days and will hunt the remaining days DIY.

Shockvalue its not Jim Welles......they have been booked up for a while now by the way.
      Last edited by unclefish; 03-18-2013, 08:04 PM.

Comment

outfitter pool

Yep our outfitter has been guiding and outfitting in this unit for many years. The onus is on the outfitter to meet the requirements for the outfitter pool....or they lose their license (outfitter malpractice). With regards to checking hunters, just like any game warden they can write you up for just about anything....you can beat the rap but you can't beat the ride....lol.

We are very familiar with SB196 and the outfitter pool requirements. Some outfitters provide drop camp style hunts to comply with the regs....others do a 2 day guided thing. They have to specify the number of days they will accompany you in their contract. If we draw we are being guided for 2 days and will hunt the remaining days DIY.

Shockvalue its not Jim Welles......they have been booked up for a while now by the way.
        I run a simular hunt, I am also a registerd guide and am in camp the whole 22 days.

Comment

I run a simular hunt, I am also a registerd guide and am in camp the whole 22 days.
          PM headed your way.

Comment

New Mexico deadline is 3/20.
            silly question time

I've entered the drawing in NM. Can I change my entries once I've entered? Or is it a done deal now??

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike585 View Post
              silly question time

I've entered the drawing in NM. Can I change my entries once I've entered? Or is it a done deal now??
              Just go in and edit it.

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
                Just go in and edit it.
                I think if you have payed then it is locked. If you have yet to pay you can edit the application.

Comment

Originally posted by supertrooperl14 View Post
                  I think if you have payed then it is locked. If you have yet to pay you can edit the application.
                  This is correct. I just looked at my app and there is no place to edit it....you can only review it or delete it.

Comment

Already paid the bill. O well, I started second guessing my decision after I clicked submit.

Comment

Cc being hit if you applied in Arizona

Comment

A few for inspiration....

Heading to bed....

Big herd bull...

NM Elk country.....

Comment

I got this texted to me. I notice the Socorro NM law enforcement. Not sure the story?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364179769.319336.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	24183667

Comment

A few for inspiration....

Heading to bed....

Big herd bull...

NM Elk country.....

Steve, beautiful looking scenary!

Comment

Ya'll aint right posting pics like. Now I will be worthless today.

Comment

"Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right."

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X