No announcement yet.

Dream hunt is going to happen!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awesome. It's on my list for sure. One day......

Comment

Man oh man!!! Congrats big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw the one Jack Links (yea, jerky guy) and his daughter put down at the expeditor last week in Anchorage.............HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Cool deal!

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          Finally bit the bullet and put down deposit for one of my dream hunts. Will be an Alaska Dall Sheep hunt. It won't be until 2018 but I'm very excited already and it gives me lots of incentive to get my butt in shape. Sorry to also inform it will be rifle hunt as its not likely I would get to try it a second time. Just had to share as I have been dreaming of one of these sheep hunts for years
          nice dude. I keep hoping for the oil field turn around so i can book another hunt. Wife is getting her masters to be a NP so if it doesnt i guess ill have a sugar momma to pay for it

Comment

Congrats brother! Sounds awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Man oh man!!! Congrats big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw the one Jack Links (yea, jerky guy) and his daughter put down at the expeditor last week in Anchorage.............HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Thanks I'm pumped. Heck I'll be happy with a nice representative but huge would be awesome too haha

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
              nice dude. I keep hoping for the oil field turn around so i can book another hunt. Wife is getting her masters to be a NP so if it doesnt i guess ill have a sugar momma to pay for it
              Now that's my real dream haha

Comment

That's my number 1 hunt/animal.... I'm holding out just alittle longer because I don't want to mark it off my list just yet.

I'll definitely be following your hunt

Comment

Nice, who did you book with?

Comment

Congrats. I'm kicking around that same idea right now of a dall hunt in 2017 or 2018.

Comment

That's awesome.Good luck on the hunt.

Comment

That is a dream hunt, congrats

Comment

Congratulations and good luck!

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                          ...Wife is getting her masters to be a NP so if it doesnt i guess ill have a sugar momma to pay for it
                          What specialty is she going into? My wife is a Neonatal NP @ CMCD.

Comment

Sounds like a great hunt, congrats big time.

Comment

Congratulations...

I went to the NWT back in '94. Scored on a nice ram, but couldn't find a caribou that interested me. I took a Winchester Model 70 in 7 MM Rem mag shooting 162 gr, Hornady handloads. They had just come back out with controlled round feed and this one had a 26" inch barrel. The gun was way too heavy for a backpack hunt. I don't know if your hunt is backpack or horseback, but that is something to consider.

I was 35 at the time of my hunt and I spent a solid year getting into better shape. I was already in good shape, just not sheep shape. The altitude and walking the tundra will wear you out. I ran 6 -9 miles three days a week. Went to the football stadium and carried my pack with 75 lbs. of lead shot in it up and down the bleachers 3 days a week wearing my hunting boots. I was a lean, mean, fighting machine! So I thought. The guide would walk up those mountains leaving me behind every time.

If have any questions just send me a PM. I'll try to help as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                                Nice, who did you book with?
                                Jonahs Alaskan Outfitters. Same guy I took my brown bear with
                                Originally posted by coonazz View Post
                                Congrats. I'm kicking around that same idea right now of a dall hunt in 2017 or 2018.
                                Shoot come on in 2018 I know he's got at least another spot
                                Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                                I went to the NWT back in '94. Scored on a nice ram, but couldn't find a caribou that interested me. I took a Winchester Model 70 in 7 MM Rem mag shooting 162 gr, Hornady handloads. They had just come back out with controlled round feed and this one had a 26" inch barrel. The gun was way too heavy for a backpack hunt. I don't know if your hunt is backpack or horseback, but that is something to consider.

I was 35 at the time of my hunt and I spent a solid year getting into better shape. I was already in good shape, just not sheep shape. The altitude and walking the tundra will wear you out. I ran 6 -9 miles three days a week. Went to the football stadium and carried my pack with 75 lbs. of lead shot in it up and down the bleachers 3 days a week wearing my hunting boots. I was a lean, mean, fighting machine! So I thought. The guide would walk up those mountains leaving me behind every time.

If have any questions just send me a PM. I'll try to help as much as possible.
                                Yea hopefully 2 years gives me enough time to do good. It'll never be enough time to hang with those guys though

Comment

Working...
                                X