Hogs lake lavon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    They've been layin that pipeline on 2 for a while. Several big tractors and people been movin around. I really don't know if 2 is all that great right now. I'll be at 3 tomorrow a.m. squirrel huntin.

Hopefully he sees this
    I didn't know they were doing that

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
      Hopefully he sees this
      I didn't know they were doing that
      He might be better off on 4.

Comment

Sorry guys my service was spotty out there. I went to 2 and saw signs of them but didn't hear or see any. I had to leave because my wife got a hold of me and I had some family stuff come up. If anyone ends up going hog hunting in the near future and wouldn't mind some company let me know! I have yet to stick anything with my bow and ready to get me a hog

Comment

Went out to 2 last night stayed till 11pm, didn't hear any hogs.

Comment

stalking, still hunting, stand on public land

I am new to bow hunting. On public land like Lake Lavon are folks doing stalking, still or stand hunting mostly? I am primarily interested in stalking/still hunting but don't want to interfere with sombody else's hunt. What is the general etiquette for stalking on public land.

Comment

Originally posted by Bow277 View Post
              I am new to bow hunting. On public land like Lake Lavon are folks doing stalking, still or stand hunting mostly? I am primarily interested in stalking/still hunting but don't want to interfere with sombody else's hunt. What is the general etiquette for stalking on public land.
              Very few will be stand hunting at Lavon. Feel free to stalk all you want. I'd just keep a lookout for others and if you see someone hunting, steer clear of their area. Go hunt!

Comment

What is the snake population in the Lake Lavon area? Worth investing in some gaiters?

Comment

What is the snake population in the Lake Lavon area? Worth investing in some gaiters?
                  not enough to matter. been going out there my whole life and while I've seen snake, you don't need snake boots.

Comment

It depends. Back in 2013 I saw 3 copperheads, lots of hognose snakes (no they aren't venomous) and more cotton mouths than I wanted to count. If you're in area 2 and you're near water, keep an eye out.

I mostly wear mud boots out there, as I can't seem to find a reliably waterproof pair of snake boots.

Comment

I have seen a couple cotton mouths out there but while I was in my canoe fishing
                      Haven't seen a snake on dry land

Comment

Well I tried snooping around this evening on the north end and its flooded as bad as I've ever seen it in the 5 yrs I've been hunting Lavon. I'm talking 3-4ft of water in areas just above the flood plain!

All I wound up seeing was a skunk, and my hip boots got a real nice hole in them which made for an enjoyable evening.

If any of you guys wind up going tomorrow, if you can find anywhere that isn't flooded near heavy cover, I'd assume you'd find hogs. The way the woods were, everything has to be pushed out of them if they're at or below the flood plain.

Comment

Can you gutless field dress an animal on the Lake Lavon land or are there restrictions about what you can leave behind?

Comment

Can you gutless field dress an animal on the Lake Lavon land or are there restrictions about what you can leave behind?

Did you shoot one? I'm not sure of the answer but I'm sure someone will be along soon to answer for ya

Comment

Not yet. :-) Just getting the lay of the land.

Comment

I belive as long as you hide everything behind a bush or tree as long as its not just laying out in the open you will be fine. I would call the office and ask just to make sure

Comment

Working...
                                X