Hogs lake lavon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs lake lavon

I'm new to the public hunting and I have herd lake lavon is a good place to start. I've been looking at the map which unit would you start with? I'm Not looking to take over people's hunting area just have no clue where to begin. All help is greatly appreciated and if anyone would like to join on the hunting and scouting Id like to have the company. Also if you have pics of hogs you've seen or killed on the lake please post pics would love to see what is in store for me. Thanks again

I'm over in melissa and would like to start hunting lavon. Shoot me a pm and I'll join in when I can.

Comment

You're gone need night vision

Comment

Get a remote light and find out if they still let you use hand corn. Last year I had them come in every night but always got busted before I could get a shot. My dad went 3 times with me and was able to shoot 2 pigs. Tons of hogs. Lots of deer too but you can only watch them.

Comment

following. keep saying I need to get out there and get my permit but havent yet.

Comment

Following as well. Me and few hunting buddies got our permits for this year, but haven't been out there yet and looking for any tips as well.

Comment

So is the free permit all you need or need the ($48)public land access permit too?

Comment

Just need a lavon permit from the office in Wylie. Don't need the APH. You cannot bait. No hand Corning. Up north of the bridge you can use shotguns now. Everything else is archery only for pigs.

Comment

What do you mean by "remote light", I didn't think it was legal to spotlight on Lavon.....am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by sircharles4848 View Post
                    What do you mean by "remote light", I didn't think it was legal to spotlight on Lavon.....am I wrong?
                    You can not spotlight but you can use artificial light to be able to see your hunting area.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJanow View Post
                      Just need a lavon permit from the office in Wylie. Don't need the APH. You cannot bait. No hand Corning. Up north of the bridge you can use shotguns now. Everything else is archery only for pigs.
                      Last year they allowed hand Corning as long as you didn't have any feeders set up. Just check with the ranger. Also, no trail cams.

Comment

So no stabilizer light?

Comment

I've been wanting to go check it out too. let me know and i'll meet up with ya for a walk-about

pm sent

Comment

I'm interested and in mckinney if you need anymore guys.

Comment

I may cruise over there on Sunday morning & walk around a bit. Never have set foot on Lavon land. If anyone wants to go, shoot me a PM

Comment

Working...
                              X