No announcement yet.

Hogs lake lavon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else do any dove hunting at Lavon over the weekend? In two hunts, we saw about 20 dove with only a couple in shooting distance. I am hoping it picks up before bow season gets here. On the way out Saturday evening we walked up on a big pack of hogs. Now I can't decide whether to chase hogs or dove this weekend..

Comment

Originally posted by Pope & Yum View Post
      Anyone else do any dove hunting at Lavon over the weekend? In two hunts, we saw about 20 dove with only a couple in shooting distance. I am hoping it picks up before bow season gets here. On the way out Saturday evening we walked up on a big pack of hogs. Now I can't decide whether to chase hogs or dove this weekend..

We've been dove hunting the Farmersville Public unit. Haven't been out to Lavon in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice

Comment

Hello Everyone! New to forums. Saw this post. My father in law and I just got our lake lavon permits today. We live 8 miles south of lake. Looking to do some dove and hog hunting if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jbennett5 View Post
            Hello Everyone! New to forums. Saw this post. My father in law and I just got our lake lavon permits today. We live 8 miles south of lake. Looking to do some dove and hog hunting if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks
            welcome to the Green Screen!

Comment

Originally posted by Jbennett5 View Post
              Good luck brother. The dove hunting has been tough but you can always bump into a hog or two.

Comment

Scouting

Went out and did some scouting today. Ran into access points in units 9 and 12 that said no parking. Called Collin county and apparently land owners donated land of rights in some areas specifically near unit 12 and awarded with these signs. Lady from county said every sign has to have been approved by court so can call back next week to have look up. Just don’t want to get a ticket or worse tow! What is any one else’s thought’s experiences?

More driving around north than walking but little I did lots of hog tracks!
                Thinking about going dove hunting in am until my father law gets feeling better to take down some hogs. Don’t want to drag them out by self lol!

Any input appreciated, good luck and have a good one!

Comment

Does anyone know if handbaiting is still allowed at Lavon? Also are mouth calls/electric calls allowed for hog? I read that "predator calls" are not permitted but i read nothing for hog calls

Comment

Originally posted by Turtleface4848 View Post
                    Does anyone know if handbaiting is still allowed at Lavon? Also are mouth calls/electric calls allowed for hog? I read that "predator calls" are not permitted but i read nothing for hog calls
                    Baiting is not allowed. As far as I know it never has been allowed. Not sure on the calls.

Comment

Old thread but I figured I'd bring it back. I moved out to this area back in Jan but am just now finding this thread. Any of yall planning on getting back out onto these public lands for hog/duck pretty soon?

Comment

Originally posted by landman650 View Post
                        Old thread but I figured I'd bring it back. I moved out to this area back in Jan but am just now finding this thread. Any of yall planning on getting back out onto these public lands for hog/duck pretty soon?
                        I'll be chasing squirrels when it cools down a bit.

Comment

I will be chasing hogs soon. With opening weekend of whitetail season it might be a few weeks before I get out there.

Comment

I'm in grad school right now so my normal huntin is messed up. Wont be chasing deer this season I'm afraid. Lavon offers me the ability to get out in the woods and be back for breakfast with the family so it's tempting. I'll try to be more active on here in case anything comes up.

Do any of yall duck hunt the lake? I'm thinking about scouting some this weekend if I find time. Been fishing on the lake a bunch but I have a 21' CC but never in the woods/shoreline.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              I'll be chasing squirrels when it cools down a bit.
                              I'm not a big squirrel eating person but I wouldn't mind doing some chasing if I have time for it.

Comment

I'm in grad school right now so my normal huntin is messed up. Wont be chasing deer this season I'm afraid. Lavon offers me the ability to get out in the woods and be back for breakfast with the family so it's tempting. I'll try to be more active on here in case anything comes up.

Do any of yall duck hunt the lake? I'm thinking about scouting some this weekend if I find time. Been fishing on the lake a bunch but I have a 21' CC but never in the woods/shoreline.
                                I hunt duck hunt Lavon. Put the hurt on some Teal this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X