Need a new camera!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new camera!

I am looking for a new camera! I will be using it mostly for taking pics of wildlife. Need something I can take pics out to 100 yards. Any and all advice would be appreciated. I will be buying on you'll s recommendations. Thanks

I have this for sale - all that would be needed would be a lens.

I bought this camera 2 or 3 years ago and have not used it much at all - I thought I would have gotten more into photography but I haven't - a good point n' shoot would accomplish my needs.

Camera is in great shape and will come with the following:
    Canon Rebel XTi - Black body
    Canon EFS 18-55 Lens
    Original Box and paperwork
    Quantaray UV Filter
    Quantaray Circular Polarizer Filter
    Lexar Professional Compact Flash Card - 1GB
    Sandisk Ultra II - 2 GB

Asking 375.00

Thanks

Comment

You could also check Houston Camera Exchange for a used one

Comment

100 yds is going to take a stout piece of glass. Different crop factors of cameras can help. You might google DSLR crop factors and do a little reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
          100 yds is going to take a stout piece of glass. Different crop factors of cameras can help. You might google DSLR crop factors and do a little reading.
          One term that you’re certain to come across when researching your next DSLR purchase is ‘Crop Factor’. This is a slightly complex topic and many long article have been written explaining it – but to keep it simple let me attempt a short explanation. While normal film cameras take 35mm film (it is a standard […]

Comment

You'll need at least 300mm at 100 yards. Really, at that distance you need 400mm or 600mm. EXPENSIVE glass. A 70-200mm lens is good within bow range.

Comment

Working...
            X