No announcement yet.

Military Training Networking help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's fun to see the reach of this group. Some great suggestions here!

Comment

Did a similar course in '05. Motto, j-turns, immediate actions...... Got stuck in an actual flash flood in Arizona - in July. Nothing like turning in civilian SUVs that had a food of sand/mud in passenger areA

Comment

Originally posted by More Liberty View Post
        Did a similar course in '05. Motto, j-turns, immediate actions...... Got stuck in an actual flash flood in Arizona - in July. Nothing like turning in civilian SUVs that had a food of sand/mud in passenger areA

Hahaha...good times! I bet I know who was running that course...good dude.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
            Try reaching out to any JEEP clubs in the areas you are interested in. If anyone knows they would be the ones. May try a club around your area. they may know some contacts in other areas.
            This. Jeep club has members all over the country, they usually know the serious places to drive and have access

Comment

I did a similar course in Nevada, outside Hawthorne before heading down to Nellis for some CAS.

I would suggest BLM, and downloading one of the Hunting apps that lists land owners and going that route. There is also NAS Fallon in Nevada that has some large training areas. In Utah, you have the Utah Test and Training Range (UTTR), up in Idaho you have Mtn Home AFB and there are a significant number of ranges out there.

But for what it sounds like you want to do, I would go the BLM and Hunting App to contact land owners. If your guys are going to be bringing stuff from the armory, I'd suggest offering some shooting time with the local LO's as a thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                This. Jeep club has members all over the country, they usually know the serious places to drive and have access
                Thanks dude, I believe I have a lead for a guy connected to an Off-Road club...I'll find out more this week.

Originally posted by Merc View Post
                I did a similar course in Nevada, outside Hawthorne before heading down to Nellis for some CAS.

I would suggest BLM, and downloading one of the Hunting apps that lists land owners and going that route. There is also NAS Fallon in Nevada that has some large training areas. In Utah, you have the Utah Test and Training Range (UTTR), up in Idaho you have Mtn Home AFB and there are a significant number of ranges out there.

But for what it sounds like you want to do, I would go the BLM and Hunting App to contact land owners. If your guys are going to be bringing stuff from the armory, I'd suggest offering some shooting time with the local LO's as a thank you.
                The statement of work calls for advanced OR work, as well as Field Mechanics (FMC), and it sounds like they want some "other" scenario-based events. The company that has the contract has proposed a 3 day site-survey for me, the other lead instructor, and the PM...for May. The course is very short in duration, for how much they are requesting as far as curriculum. The proverbial 10 pounds of &%^$ in a 5 pound bag If I can find adequate training areas we will build a great course. I thought about using OnXmaps...not sure I have the time for all that legwork, hence trying to reach out to the Green Screen.

Thanks for the suggestions guys...again, any ideas are appreciated.

Comment

BUMP!! Contract had fell through and now has suddenly reappeared (Love the super slow Government). Jumping through flaming hoops trying to find places to train.

Comment

Bump

Comment

We talking Green? I know they train in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_foot_ View Post
                        We talking Green? I know they train in that area.

Not sure what you mean by Green....if you are asking about the particular unit I will not be sharing that info on an open source.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

My dad used to run the aviation training group out of Fallon. I'll see if he still has any contacts out there. Tons of BLM land and as long as no exercises are going you could get through a lot of the training ranges. Some of the best fishing I've ever done is up there, if I ever draw a sheep tag I know where to hunt over there too

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                              My dad used to run the aviation training group out of Fallon. I'll see if he still has any contacts out there. Tons of BLM land and as long as no exercises are going you could get through a lot of the training ranges. Some of the best fishing I've ever done is up there, if I ever draw a sheep tag I know where to hunt over there too

MUCH appreciated!!! Thanks!!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Working...
                                X