Gun gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun gurus

Can anyone tell me what gun this is? Family member recently passed away and we are going through his gun collection. We know it is made in Russia that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sks

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      Sks

Guess I could’ve googled the markings and got it! Beyond basic pistols, rifles, and shotguns I don’t have much gun knowledge thanks!

Comment

Gun gurus

I’m assuming this is just some kind of reproduction and not original. It’s in great shape and looks pretty new. Anyone know anything more particular about this specific gun?

Last edited by K-Train; 08-16-2018, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Sks 7.62

Comment

7.62 x 39 SKS Russian made. A nice semi auto rifle with tons of parts and extra stripper clips available online.

Comment

This sounds like very similar to yours

Hello, new member here. Forgive me if this is not the place, but I am trying to get an idea what the value of my russian SKS rifle is. I have a co-worker who is interested in buying it. The rifle is an arsenal refurbished model. The top reciever cover has been replaced and there is no...

Comment

I'm not an SKS expert; however I sold hundreds of those rifles when I worked at a gunshop. I believe yours is 100% real !

The Star with arrow stamping or marking is from the Tula Arsenal which started SKS production in the late 1940's. Your rifle is stamped 1954r as it was likely made 5-6 yrs after Tula started making them. That rifle should have stampings of the serial number all over it .... stock, hinged magazine bottom, trigger guard, receiver, receiver cover, bayonet, barrel, etc.... Hopefully all the numbers match.

CDI was the US importer and located in Vermont. Millions of those rifles were imported into the US in the early 1990's. You could buy a wooden crate full of SKS rifles that were packed in cosmoline for $69 per rifle. It is chambered in 7.62x39mm which is a .30 caliber and the brass case is 39mm long (1.5 inches). You load the 10 rd. hinged magazine from the top with bolt open using a stripper clip. Common factory bullet was the 123 gr FMJ and was used by the Viet Cong during the 10,000 day war.

Almost looks like yours wasn't fired since being purchased from a distributor or gunshop in the early 1990's. Lots of people would buy 4-5 SKS's and years later flip them for a profit. They never were considered "collectible" because so many flooded the American market. Fun, inexpensive rifles to shoot, although they are not known for their accuracy. Decent 100 yd pig killing rifle

Comment

SKS, SKS serial numbers, SKS prices, Russian, Chinese, Korean, German, Albanian, Romanian, Polish, 7.62x39 caliber, rifle, Gun Collections Online

Comment

I tell ya what made those really pop!! We would sand the stocks down really well and clear coat them, the laminated ones looked nice when finished. Ya have a fine hole poker there Sir.

Comment

Nice! Don't see too many legit Russian SKS floating around.

Good condition too, I'd hold onto it!

The SKS in its original un-bubba'ed form really is an underrated fighting rifle.

Comment

Highly valuable gun right there! [emoji12]

Just check the classifieds.....

Comment

Prolly worth around 3k...

Comment

First gun I ever bought.

Picked the prettiest one out of a barrel full at Western Auto for $75.

Comment

Russian sks's top of the line !! No cheapo Chinese knock off there !!!!! I'm guessing importer stamped "Made in Russia" on it
                              Last edited by friscopaint; 08-17-2018, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X