Fall Garden Thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall Garden Thread..

I wanted to start a fall garden thread and learn from the experts. I have always had a summer garden and am very interested in what the experts here find does well in Texas. I am in central Texas... but I know there are lots of folks here that have mentioned a fall garden. What is your best veggies to plant and be productive with?

Tagged. Im in the same boat

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am extremely interested in growing broccoli...

Comment

Broccoli cauliflower brussel sprouts cabbage carrots all do well

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm following!

Comment

I'm in. Had a great year with green beans and tomatoes this spring. Looking forward to some asparagus, cauliflower and whatever else I can grow.

I wonder if artichokes would work in north Texas or if it's not the right climate

Comment

broccoli, squash, green beans, tomatoes(sometimes), lettuce, greens of most kinds, peas, radish, carrots, bunching onions, cucumbers

Comment

I always do much better with fall potatoes than in the spring. It is hard to find seed potatoes in the fall though. I usually go with red potatoes from Whole Foods as they haven't been treated to keep from sprouting.

Comment

I am guessing if I want fall tomatoes, I really need to start them from seed pretty soon. Right?

Comment

I started my fall garden yesterday. In between rain I filled the garden and managed to get green beans, 2 types of spinach, lettuce, zucchini, and cucumbers. We have som broccoli, pumpkin, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage in small pots waiting for transplant.

Comment

My lettuce has come up. Bunching onions going strong. Looks like watermelons are gonna make all the way to frost(or at least time change). All the peppers(japs, bananas, shi****o, bells are going nuts. I'll get some garlic and spinach in the ground this week. Brocoli will go in this week also.

Comment

My dwarf okra in 5-6 gallon buckets from the late spring is still producing. But it has slowed down a great deal. I may use the stalks as stakes for some kinda beans or the like. Although the variety didn't grow really tall (3-4 feet) like many other okra, some of the stalks are almost 2 inches at the base.

Comment

Does anyone grow flowers? I want to plant some flowers for the wife and also to attract pollinators to my garden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                            Does anyone grow flowers? I want to plant some flowers for the wife and also to attract pollinators to my garden.

Zinnias and marigolds for pollinators. Periwinkles for asthetics along with coreopsis and mexican petunia. Standing cypress, lantana, butterfly weed are perennials for the hummingbirds and butterflies.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                              Zinnias and marigolds for pollinators. Periwinkles for asthetics along with coreopsis and mexican petunia. Standing cypress, lantana, butterfly weed are perennials for the hummingbirds and butterflies.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X