Heading to Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading to Houston

Hooking up the boat and heading to Houston in the morning. I'll be leaving from San Antonio if anyone has any supplies they are wanting to send.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How can you go to get to Houston? We are hooking up and headed down probably tomorrow mid day or so....

Comment

Following. We are headed in tomorrow morning.

Comment

Posted in dapper dan's thread.
        Looking for advice from the GS before attempting this:
        I've got a buddy wanting to plan a trip down to Houston to help out this coming weekend. He's got an aluminum bass boat (not a shallow drive).

Thoughts on where he/we should head towards and if we'd still be useful that late into the emergency and with that equipment?

Edit to add:
        We would be coming from Denton, not sure of ingress to the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was planning on heading up i10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
            Posted in dapper dan's thread.
            Looking for advice from the GS before attempting this:
            I've got a buddy wanting to plan a trip down to Houston to help out this coming weekend. He's got an aluminum bass boat (not a shallow drive).

Thoughts on where he/we should head towards and if we'd still be useful that late into the emergency and with that equipment?

Edit to add:
            We would be coming from Denton, not sure of ingress to the area.

I am sure they will still be needing help but stay posted, I have friends in Baytown that are just now getting evacuated due to flooding and will be on the look out through tomorrow night.

Comment

Just spoke with a Game Warden buddy of mine and said I-10 was open pretty much to Katy....

Comment

DriveTexas.org

Shows a lot of flooding and side road closures.

Comment

Please check with local authorities in the are you plan on/think you can get to. Check txdot for road closures. There are thousands of boats out in the Houston area helping and some local authorities are saying to stay out of the way, they have it covered with the boats that are here. Please check with the people in charge in the areas you are attempting to get to to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
                    Please check with local authorities in the are you plan on/think you can get to. Check txdot for road closures. There are thousands of boats out in the Houston area helping and some local authorities are saying to stay out of the way, they have it covered with the boats that are here. Please check with the people in charge in the areas you are attempting to get to to be sure.

This!! If you do make it in, be very sure you're answering a legit call. Lots of people boating in to places to find out the people left last night or something.

Comment

If y'all are looking for spots that need more boat look up Texas navy and Cajun navy. I highly recommend y'all carry.

Comment

I tried to get to Huntsville today from Houston and was not able to find a clear path there. 45 was shut down in several sections. A bunch of surrounding roads were closed. Have no idea how someone would get all the way in from the north. I am sure someone up that way may lend some advice.

Comment

Real time road closures...give it a sec. to load when you get to 'link'

Comment

I helped out in kingwood today w another tbh member. Crazy crazy stuff. Sooo much water and strong currents too. Total I think we found maybe 11 people 4 children 5 dogs and 4 cats. It's a cluster f but at least we got to help. Lots of waiting to put the boat in and out. If your going down, help guys load and unload to speed things up. Bring at least 50hp or better. That water is moving fast.

Comment

drivetexas.org

Friends arrived yesterday down there and they sent them up by lake Houston. Apparently the water was too swift, so the National Guard sent them down to Dickison. Apparently they had a 9p.m. curfew, so they are held up at my cousins place in SE Houston. They are supposed to meet up at a certain location by Dickison to launch and assist this morning. They were lucky and ran into the National Guard on IH10 and they routed them accordingly. The HFD and National Guard did tell them to disregard the Zello app due to it being abused.

Do pack heat indeed and bring extra Fuel, Fuel, and more Fuel.
                              Last edited by cw3jperry5; 08-30-2017, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X