Black Widow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Widow

Does anyone have a Black Widow that you shoot 3 fingers under? If so, you like it?

Back when I shot Widows, I shot three under with no problems. Corse, I shoot three under with everything.

Comment

No problems shooting 3 under with my widows.

Comment

I shoot 3-fingers under and love my Widow.

Comment

I.tried but went to shooting split finger.

Comment

They have a try before you buy program

Comment

I'm gonna try one out this spring. Try b4 you buy!!

Comment

Widow can tiller the bow for either split or 3 under when you order it from them. I love shooting 3 under but it produces more noise IMHO. A lot of 3-D champs use 3 under for Gap shooting.

Comment

Never had a problem shooting the 2 I had 3 under. Just takes some work to get them quiet.
                  B

Comment

No prob three under...... Get a SBD or Rick Barbee string and it will quieten I down!

Comment

I've owned 3 BW bows. Two PMA recurves, and One PL longbow.

Shot all 3 both split & 3under with no problem at all.

When I got my first PMA I was still shooting split finger, but soon after switched to 3under. The tiller on this bow was exactly 1/16" positive. Shot perfect either way

When I got my second PMA I had been shooting 3under for quite some time, and decided to order it tillered for 3under. The tiller on this bow was exactly 1/16" positive.

I've shot bows tillered from 1/16" negative tiller all the way to 1/4" positive tiller, and they shot perfectly either way.

Point is - just about any bow will shoot just fine either way as long as you get it tuned correctly.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                        I've owned 3 BW bows. Two PMA recurves, and One PL longbow.

Shot all 3 both split & 3under with no problem at all.

When I got my first PMA I was still shooting split finger, but soon after switched to 3under. The tiller on this bow was exactly 1/16" positive. Shot perfect either way

When I got my second PMA I had been shooting 3under for quite some time, and decided to order it tillered for 3under. The tiller on this bow was exactly 1/16" positive.

I've shot bows tillered from 1/16" negative tiller all the way to 1/4" positive tiller, and they shot perfectly either way.

Point is - just about any bow will shoot just fine either way as long as you get it tuned correctly.

Rick
                        I just started three under with my widow. The bow is loud with 4 spiders. Seems a bit louder with three under. What's the best way to silence it. Woolie whispers and felt on string grooves? I have 10 gn per pound of bow and have played with brace height. Still loud

Comment

Thanks guys! I thought if the bow was tillered for three fingers under, that it would shoot quiet. But I guess not.

Comment

Went to Nixa,MO, to visit the Black Widow guys. They said it helps a little to tiller for three under by not that much. No matter what bow you shoot, it will be louder if you shoot three under. It basically comes down to, which style do you feel more confident with. I feel much better shooting three under, but that's just me.

Comment

I shoot mine with three under.

Comment

Working...
                              X