Truck shock question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck shock question.

My rear shocks are needing to be replaced. I added a front end leveling kit a year back. Before my shocks wore out my back end still sat about half to 3/4” lower then the front.

So my question is, do they make a shock that can give me that little bit of a lift to level my truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower the front

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Comment

Look into Bilstein 5100's

Comment

Originally posted by RedBarn View Post
        Look into Bilstein 5100's
        X2

Comment

My stock f150 4x4 had 1.5" rear blocks. When I installed 1.5" front level kit I also removed the rear blocks and replaced them with 3" blocks and bilstein rear shocks that would allow for the extra length. This kept a near factory rake but provided enough lift for 35s and a good stance. Didn't want to "lift" the truck since my wife parks in a parking garage with low clearance.

Comment

Put some bags on it.

Comment

Air shocks?

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter99 View Post
                Lower the front

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Nope

Comment

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
                  My stock f150 4x4 had 1.5" rear blocks. When I installed 1.5" front level kit I also removed the rear blocks and replaced them with 3" blocks and bilstein rear shocks that would allow for the extra length. This kept a near factory rake but provided enough lift for 35s and a good stance. Didn't want to "lift" the truck since my wife parks in a parking garage with low clearance.

Yeah. I had a 2” front put on.

So do I have to put a block and shocks on the back?

Comment

Yes, shocks aren't doing anything for height/payload. You need a taller block, an additional leaf in your spring pack, or airbags to get the back end up level or higher than the front. Shocks only dampen compression/rebound of the springs, they don't carry the load.

Comment

When I did my 2" level kit in the front on my F150 crew I put 1" of lift in the rear. Didn't want to be squatted when towing, etc. Turned out good. Traxda is the brand I used for the rear kit. Less than $100 thru amazon.

Comment

Shocks will do nothing for ride height. If you put on longer shocks you will hurt the ride. The compression/rebound stroke will not be right. Once you add blocks or an extra spring, i agree to go with Bilstein 5100

Comment

Originally posted by agtex42 View Post
                          Yes, shocks aren't doing anything for height/payload. You need a taller block, an additional leaf in your spring pack, or airbags to get the back end up level or higher than the front. Shocks only dampen compression/rebound of the springs, they don't carry the load.
                          Agree

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

I had to add 1.5” taller block in the rear. Didn’t care for the way it squated with a trailer or a few sacks of feed in the bed.

Comment

Working...
                              X