No announcement yet.

cabo or cancun questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isla Mujeres was on lockdown around New Years. Southwest flys direct to Bahamas now. If you want to pamper her goto Sandals. They are also St Lucia. Sandals and Southwest. Never met a couple that went to a Sandals and said it was a bad experience

Comment

Mexico ain’t good right now but pay attention it may improve by time y’all are looking at going

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        This.

I wouldn't go back to cancun on my dime.

Done cabo twice and probably going back this summer. We walked all over town till near midnight. Imo cabo is an older crowd with less (near zero) screaming drunk 20 year olds

Too add we have done all inclusive both times. But we also head down toward the marina to hang out and eat. I also found it cheaper than Cancun

I love it.

[emoji16][emoji16] even the celebs hang out there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sandos Finnastera?

We have stayed there twice and really enjoyed it, we also like Marina Fiesta because the food is better and the location directly on the marina.

Non-all-inclusive just go and stay at Mar De Cortez.
        Clean, Cheap, and decent location

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Mexico ain’t good right now but pay attention it may improve by time y’all are looking at going
          May or early june

Comment

Originally posted by Crazzy View Post
            Sandos Finnastera?

We have stayed there twice and really enjoyed it, we also like Marina Fiesta because the food is better and the location directly on the marina.

Non-all-inclusive just go and stay at Mar De Cortez.

Clean, Cheap, and decent location
            Yep.

Stayed at Pueblo bonita the first trip. Adults only place. Food was probably better at pueblo (the shrimp cocktail!!) Rooms slightly better.

Some friends of ours have a time share to stay in if we go this year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Rut-to. A year ago I would have gone to both places. After what happened recently in Isla I have changed my mind for a little while.

Comment

Playa Del Carnen is easily the coolest place.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

You say 40 years old, so do you still need the drinking and night life?? If not, there's much less to do in them both. I prefer Cabo, and actually go to the East Cape to get away from town. Rancho Leonero or the Hotel Spa BuenaVista are remote, they take care of you, and the fishing is great. About a 40 mile van ride out to them. If you will go to Houston or San Antonio now, you are no worse off in either Cabo or Cancun. Situational awareness is key in any city!!

Personally, I would go to the Bahamas and stay at Abaco Lodge for a week, be totally spoiled, and chase bonefish every day.

Comment

Out of those two choices I'd say Cabo. If I were going to Mexico again I agree with BOB bout Playa Del Carmen.

Grand Cayman is better than Mexico

Comment

You guys saying it’s completely safe better check it out. I was close to buying. Felt great about it. Had a coworker that was out remote repelling that was abducted and eventually safe at home. Another was recently in Isla when they were told to shelter in their rooms. Last 6 months the tempature in traditional tourist places has changed. And I hate it because I love the place

Comment

Grand Cayman, forget Mexico.

Comment

Personally I think Cabo is WAY over rated.
                          Cancun is unstable.

Cozumel is cheap and safer than Cancun, and more relaxing.

Isla Mujeres is another good choice.

Roatan is also very affordable, super safe and very relaxing.

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
                            Grand Cayman, forget Mexico.
                            Agreed....I would avoid Mexico like the plague!

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                              Any recommended areas or resorts?
                              Sandals in St Lucia was great.

Comment

We got married in Riviera Maya. Going back next month to celebrate our 10th anniversary, however we’re going to stay on the peninsula near Cancun to avoid a longer cab ride from the airport. We love Mexico, The Bahamas a little more, and Cabo less due to long flight and strong undertow. If the cartel stuff wasn’t happening in Mexico we would probably take all family vacations there. Until then, we’ll pay more for the kids to go and do the Bahamas.

Comment

Working...
                                X