ATV trailer - axle and hubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
    I was curious about springs. Do you wish you’d put them on or is it fine as is? I will be using the trailer in fairly rocky/mountain areas, mostly on beat up washed out rocky logging roads but in typical east Texas rutted muddy areas too. I don’t want it sitting up too high to bounce around but I also don’t want it so rigid it doesn’t ride right
    I used old lawn mower wheels and tires and it works great behind my 4 wheeler. It does bounce a little but really not bad at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	24543635

Click image for larger version

Name:	WGI_0007.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	284.6 KB
ID:	24543636

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
      I was curious about springs. Do you wish you’d put them on or is it fine as is? I will be using the trailer in fairly rocky/mountain areas, mostly on beat up washed out rocky logging roads but in typical east Texas rutted muddy areas too. I don’t want it sitting up too high to bounce around but I also don’t want it so rigid it doesn’t ride right
      I used the torsion axles on three trailers and used a straight axle on one. All are setup with ATV tires. The ATV tires and geometry between the load and the axle/tires seems to have more influence on how they ride over the rocks than springs/no springs. We keep the air pressure pretty low in the tires to help dampen the bouncing. Keeping the load as low as possible helps the ride. Also, keeping a load on the trailer helps. When we go to put out corn we load 600-800 lbs and go to the most distant feeder so we have the largest load for the bulk of the trip.

Some of the other members have tried standard trailer tires with springs. They don’t usually make it through the first weekend.

Comment

Working...
      X