spam phone calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spam phone calls

This deal with computers calling your phone has gotten completely out of control.

Between the recorded messages and hang ups I am getting 10 or 12 every day.

I have a app on my phone that catches about half of them but now they have come up with a way to call you from some other persons phone number.

I have even had people call me saying they had had a spam call from my number.

We are at a place where they have taken what is a great tool ( cell phones) and made them more trouble than they are worth.

I didn't go to collage so I have no student loans.
    I keep a zero balance on my credit cards so I don't need a new card
    I have a good bank so I don't need a business loan
    I already have health insurance
    I have 2 new trucks so I don't want extended warranty

Is there any way to make it stop ?

I agree it is a pain. I do not answer a call unless the number is one of my contacts, if they leave a message I will call them back. If they don't leave a message, then I don't care who they were. That would not work for someone that uses phone for business though

Comment

Yeah I’ve got RoboKiller and it seems to do pretty good. But, something needs to be done though about it for reals.

Comment

It is brutal, and the calling form a local number is tricky. I hope we find a way to make it stop. I am not answering anymore if i dont recognize the number. Probably doesn't make a difference but i think when you answer the calls it triggers as a working number and i seem to get more calls.

Comment

I get about the same amount of calls from different parts of the country. If I dodn't recognize the number I don't answer. If they don't leave a message I block that number.

It's very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            I get about the same amount of calls from different parts of the country. If I dodn't recognize the number I don't answer. If they don't leave a message I block that number.

It's very frustrating.

I use mine for business, I can't risk not answering

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
              Mine is also business but like said before if it is important they will leave a message I have most of my customers in my contacts, also I ran out of numbers that I can block??

Comment

I hate it, especially now that they are using local numbers. I have had people call me saying I called them too.

Comment

Between 6 land line numbers and my cell phone, I get about a dozen a day.

Heather from account services, the girl that has to adjust her headset... etc...

Had a call on my cell phone a couple months ago that the caller id showed as my own number.

I've been calling some of the numbers back and someone would answer and I would tell them their number was being used to make spam phone calls. As the spammers use a computerized phone number generator, there's no real way to "block" the calls. They could generate a number that you already have stored in your contacts.

I like to mess with the spam callers sometimes...

Guy called and offered an extended warranty on my vehicle. I played his game... He asked if I was interested, I said yes. He asked what type of vehicle I drove. I told him a 1984 Yugo.... The next thing I heard was *click - dialtone*

Comment

It is Crazy, I used to get 10-15 a day also, went to do not call list now get 2-3 every other day
                    a little better

Comment

I do too. The majority of my customers are in my contacts so their name is in my caller ID. If they arn't in my contacts and I don't answer they leave a message. At that point I add their number and contact info into my contacts, than return their call.

Comment

I got a scam call from someone claiming to be from the NJ state district attourney's office saying they had 4 felony warrants out for my arrest. I have never been to NJ nor do I ever care to. I am also sick of the robo and scam calls

Comment

I've stopped picking up unless I am expecting a call. But I don't run a business, so I could see my solution not working for everyone.

Comment

I jack with them when I can. A few weeks ago I started talking to him in an elderly oriental lady voice "Why you call me, I no call you". After a few minutes he became frustrated and hung up. The next week I was called by someone speaking Chinese so I started ranting in Japanese. There needs to be an App that when you push a button their phone will melt in their hand.

Comment

Me too.

Comment

Working...
                              X