Texas Water Safari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Water Safari

Who's done it? I've been talked into doing the 260 mile canoe race (maybe this should be a prayer request thread instead ) from San Marcos to the coast by a good buddy and wanted to see how many TBH'ers have participated.

I'm sure I'm in for it, but any info from people with experience is appreciated.

A friend of mine does it every year. HE says it is grueling.

Comment

260 miles? Wow. Good luck. Prayers sent.

Will be watching this thread to see how it goes.

Comment

Wow buy a go pro camera and bring some videos back to us!

---
        I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.359700,-98.193695

Comment

you're a stronger man than me B

that's like paddling from Dripping Springs to Denton ... by car it will take you 4+ hrs. , I can't imagine in open water via yak or canoe . bring lots of sunscreen , H20 , and a wide brimmed hat.

Comment

You better start pumping that iron now or you'll cramp up in the first 5 miles!

Just think of it this way....it's all downhill!

Comment

I've done it and my family has either raced or been captains on the bank for 13 years now. It's not called the World's Toughest Canoe Race for nothing, not to mention that you have to do it under 100 hours which means little to no sleeping. Make sure you got good insurance.......WAIT!? Are you in Drip? I'm from there.

Comment

Originally posted by KeeganNotSansaba View Post
                You better start pumping that iron now or you'll cramp up in the first 5 miles!

Just think of it this way....it's all downhill!
                That ain't no lie, we did our first 17 mile practice run down the san marcos yesterday and my abs and traps are mad at me today.

Yessir, Blake. And I hear the skeeters and horse flies will carry you off down around the coast...

Comment

Capn Jack has done it a few times,

I know Mike Drost and Debbie Richardson is a dear friend of mine, she's hard to miss out there

Ive done the Colorado River 100 a few times, the Safari requires too much cold weather training, that rules me out

Comment

Originally posted by texasproud11 View Post
                    I've done it and my family has either raced or been captains on the bank for 13 years now. It's not called the World's Toughest Canoe Race for nothing, not to mention that you have to do it under 100 hours which means little to no sleeping. Make sure you got good insurance.......WAIT!? Are you in Drip? I'm from there.
                    That's awesome, congrats on successful completions. Yes, I'm between Dripping and Bee Caves.

Comment

Was going to do it 2 years ago but it was the weekend after I got back from the honeymoon, so it was a no go. Last year my teammate had to drop out. But one day I will do it. Good luck.

Comment

You've lost your mind!

Comment

How many batteries do you get to bring for your trolling motor? Just doesn't seem feasible to get 260 miles out of 1 battery.

Comment

Do it and you will be upgraded to BMF status...

Comment

Not for me, but that is awesome if you finish that.

Comment

Working...
                              X