Bosque County Regs...HOLY Cr@P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosque County Regs...HOLY Cr@P

5 deer this year... I remember only a few years ago it was 3 deer, then a few years ago it went to 4...NOW 5. WOW!!! Looks like the freezer is gonna be full of propeller heads this year.....

BOSQUE (Meridian)
    Special Antler Restrictions: see pg. 62.
    WT DEER—Archery Season: Oct. 3-Nov. 6; General Season:
    Nov. 7-Jan. 3; Special Late General Season: Jan. 4-17
    (antlerless and spike buck only). Bag limit: 5 (no more than
    2 bucks, all seasons combined).
    SQUIRREL—No closed season. No bag limit.
    TURKEY—Archery Season: Oct. 3-Nov. 6 (either sex); Fall
    Season: Nov. 7-Jan. 3 (either sex); Spring Season: Apr. 3-
    May 16 (gobblers only). Bag limit: 4 (all seasons combined).

Not really excited about this.....some will just see it as a free pass to kill more deer instead of a management tool.

Comment

That is true...I just want to get some propeller head doe meat in the freezer.....I was thinking i would only harvest 2 doe this year " being a 4 deer county".....It takes at least 4 to get me through the year with meat.

Comment

Yessir i know the feeling! Hope folks use their heads like you bud.

Comment

We both know that they wont... Have you heard much about the new Game processor in Clifton. I have family there and they have been buying steaks from him and said that he does great work and hast better steaks than Brookshires could ever dream about. I am thinking of taking my first deer this year to him. He supposedly freezer packs all the meat, which is what i want. I hate the paper wrap...I just left an awesome GP in Bronte,TX where my old lease was....Hope i can get something comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by rrebel83 View Post
            We both know that they wont... Have you heard much about the new Game processor in Clifton. I have family there and they have been buying steaks from him and said that he does great work and hast better steaks than Brookshires could ever dream about. I am thinking of taking my first deer this year to him. He supposedly freezer packs all the meat, which is what i want. I hate the paper wrap...I just left an awesome GP in Bronte,TX where my old lease was....Hope i can get something comparable.
            Yeah Duane has great steaks! He is also a full blown Czech bakery too.

Comment

Good deal. I have been hearing more and more good things about him. I look forward to trying him on opening day....I am out of meat and i have some juicy propeller heads on my game camera just begging for a slick trick...

Comment

Yeah I really do not think they should have went to 5 deer around there, I think its really screwed up because some counties north of there like erath, eastland and comanche have better deer populations but only have a bag limit of 4.

Comment

I hope people use it for management. Would be nice to put doe in the freezer though. The Deer processing, meat market, and Czech bakery here in town is good. They are relocating just down the street. It will be right across the street from Doc's printing shop, next to Ace. Don't forget Beer and Burgers this year for opening day.

Comment

I am not looking forward to a 5 deer county. Last season was the worst season in years for overall number and I was basically the only one hunting.

Comment

Beer and Burgers????????? The daughter and I are in.

The area of Bosque County I hunt will beneifit from the "up to three doe" format.

Rwc

Comment

is it 2 bucks under the "restriction" of one has to have at least one unbranched antler or is it two bucks over 13" wide?

Comment

As a management tool this is great, but there are those that will abuse. It's for that reason that I'm not thrilled at the 5 deer limit.

Comment

Ditto on our meat market! He's done three for me...good stuff! They've got the best fajita meat by far..yardbird and beef.

Comment

Where did you find that information. There are a couple of counties I am interested in finding out if they did any changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X