2018 u.s. Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
    O I know they are not average but I like seeing them look like a average golfer once in awhile . And I know your average joe couldn’t break 150 on that course heck your average golfer can’t break 120 on most courses that they play especially if you shot from there tees !!
    They should make concrete greens if that is what you want.

Comment

From +9 to +37. Ya gotta love it.

The course is supposed to take 280 shots in four rounds to beat it! The players usually whoop up on most the courses they play at this elite level. It's good to see the golf course working like it should.
      Then the greatest variable of all is the weather! Thats golf! It takes a lot from ya and doesn't give much in return.
      And I think hoss163's son could break 80 out there with these boys.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
        +23

Course will probably be a cupcake tomorrow.

Nice round on moving day Rickie.
        Rickie had either 4-5 or 6 doubles today. It took 2 pencils to make all those circles

My favorite player Rose couldn't make a putt the first 2 days. Today he couldn't hit a GIR and is still in contention. I'm gonna say it will all come together for him tomorrow for the Win!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
          O I know they are not average but I like seeing them look like a average golfer once in awhile . And I know your average joe couldn’t break 150 on that course heck your average golfer can’t break 120 on most courses that they play especially if you shot from there tees !!
          It is kinda funny to watch a few of them whine.....

Comment

It’s intended for the winner to be around par.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
              Exactly. The USGA bungled another major with their incompetence. They try so hard to make the Major courses so difficult, it turns into a clown show. The morning players played a completely different course than the leaders did this afternoon and its a joke.
              100% Agree...................

Comment

It was a joke yesterday. Im all for making these guy play a course that truly tests their talents but for the course to play completely different for the guys in the morning vs the guys in the afternoon is out of control. Two guys who were tied for 40 something and were 11 shots back to end up in the final group is a total embarrasment for the USGA. Of the last 11 groups going out the best score was +2. That is 6 shots worse than Finau or Berger shot in the morning. Finau and Berger arent better, much less 6 shots better than the best of those 22 players that went out in the afternoon. It's a horse race now coming down the stretch. The winner wont be Finau or Berger.

Comment

The players are howling. Ian Polter last night asked if "Bozo The Clown was in charge of course set up"
                  Will see how the PGA handles today, and all future contests........

Comment

It’s a tough deal for the USGA and for the grounds crew. Don’t make it tough enough (like the 2011 US Open at Congressional) and you get pulled from the US Open rotation. Make it too tough and people start crying. This isn’t knob that they dial up or down. They are cutting/not cutting grass. It’s a guess and sometimes they get it wrong (and sometimes the mistake is compounded by the elements).

I have no problem with how tough the course is playing, as long as the balls are not moving AFTER they have come to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      It was a joke yesterday. Im all for making these guy play a course that truly tests their talents but for the course to play completely different for the guys in the morning vs the guys in the afternoon is out of control. Two guys who were tied for 40 something and were 11 shots back to end up in the final group is a total embarrasment for the USGA. Of the last 11 groups going out the best score was +2. That is 6 shots worse than Finau or Berger shot in the morning. Finau and Berger arent better, much less 6 shots better than the best of those 22 players that went out in the afternoon. It's a horse race now coming down the stretch. The winner wont be Finau or Berger.
                      Finua and Berger will get a taste of the pressure today. They will crack like you said. It's a golf tournament like a nascar race now. You just can't not watch it waiting for the next crash.
                      I ve been apart of a bunch of college golf tournaments. Seen one green that was close to unplayable. If it was unplayable no one would finish. I watched an 11 putt and many 7-8 putts. When my guys finally got to play the hole. I had watched enough to make all my guys putt it into the fringe off the green just below the hole. Then hopefully 2 putt it up the hill or a 3 putt. Sometimes its not fair. Ya just gotta figure the best way out!

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL YOU GUYS!

Comment

Looks like they wet things down.. Fowler -4 on the front 9

I'm starting today at + 15

DJ + 3
                        Koepka + 3
                        Rose + 4
                        Stenson + 5

Grace + 7
                        JT + 8

Comment

They will over react and make it too easy today, the players need to quit complaining and go out and play. There was a few questionable hole placements yesterday other than that it was just fine, brooks and DJ said that same exact thing. It’s intended to play differently from morning to afternoon period.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                            The players are howling. Ian Polter last night asked if "Bozo The Clown was in charge of course set up"
                            Will see how the PGA handles today, and all future contests........
                            Polter is the biggest ***** on tour, he cries about everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                              Looks like they wet things down.. Fowler -4 on the front 9

I'm starting today at + 15

DJ + 3
                              Koepka + 3
                              Rose + 4
                              Stenson + 5

Grace + 7
                              JT + 8
                              You and I have the same top 4 but your 5 and 6 are betting the crap outta mine. Congrats on what looks to be 6 great picks.

Comment

Is it just me or does Joe Buck remind anyone else of Max Headroom but with bad makeup? I cant stand to listen to him talking about any sporting event. I appreciate hearing Azinger's opinion on the Mickelson incident but why is Buck droning on about what he thinks about it. Freaking talking head who thinks their opinion matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X