Climber stand backpack straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climber stand backpack straps

Has anyone replaced the straps on their climber stand with a more hiking-backpack-like strap setup with a waist belt? Any recommendations? What do you like / not like about your setup?

I got straps and a waistebelt from the local surplus place for like $30 per the advice of someone on here. Much better. There are pretty good youtube videos of how to attach them.

Comment

I’ve had good luck using surplus molle straps on my mobile setups. Sometimes you have to get creative to rig the straps to your stand, but once you figure it out it’s smooth sailing from there. Having the extra padding in the shoulder straps as well as the belt makes a big difference in weight distribution and overall comfort, particularly on those longer walks in.

Comment

I replaced all my straps on stands that I actually transport with the upgraded summit straps. They are like shock absorbers and the connecting tether is the same way. Easy to install and fit most/ probably all stands

Comment

XOP
          xop-treestand-transport-system
          Great product

Comment

Thanks, everyone. I recently added molle shoulder straps and waist belts to my climber and hang-on. Should’ve done this years ago. The attachment straps weren’t long enough for my climber so I hard mounted that one with screws. $50 total cost.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X