Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Beagle owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beagle owners

Any of you ever figured out a way to get yours to not eat at the speed of light? Mines 2.5 years old, and dang near chokes himself every time he eats, even has a few time and threw it back up. He doesn’t even chew the pieces just swallows a them whole... Iv tried just sitting and giving him little bits at a time, smaller containers, etc. can’t seem to get him to slow down.

Originally posted by deerslayer94 View Post
    Any of you ever figured out a way to get yours to not eat at the speed of light? Mines 2.5 years old, and dang near chokes himself every time he eats, even has a few time and threw it back up. He doesn’t even chew the pieces just swallows a them whole... Iv tried just sitting and giving him little bits at a time, smaller containers, etc. can’t seem to get him to slow down.
    Now a beagle but my BIL English bully was doing that and they got him a bowl that had a bone kinda molded into it that stuck up in the middle of the bowl. It made him work a little bit more to get the food

Comment

My beagle ate at the speed of sound. I never worried about it? A dogs philosophy is eat first, throw up later. Unless your beagle is actually choking, I wouldn't worry about it. My beagle would gag and spit up and turn around and scarf it back down. I would always tell her "You do know you're the only dog here don't you? No one's going to eat your food.". She'd just look at me and continue scarfing. Be glad he's eating. A beagle not eating with gusto is a problem.

Comment

We put a tennis ball in his food bowl. It allows him to slow down and manipulate the ball to get to the remaining food. This worked great!

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goArq1362RY"]Puppy wakes up from sleep after smelling food - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

There are several types of slow feed bowls made.

Here's just one. I've also been told a muffin pan will slow them down also.

Medium to large-sized dog breeds are often high risk candidates for bloat (gastric volvulus). Our slow feed dog bowls eliminate this issue.

Comment

All of ours have. None have choked to death.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X