No announcement yet.

TBH Sam Rayburn Crappie weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know where I can get a bait bucket like that one? Never seen one with a rope handle. 🤷🏼*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
      Shiot!!! He already asked me for June’s photo

LMAO. [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Too bad Solley's Disco Club shutdown, if you ever went there than you know what i mean.

Comment

Fished Rayburn from 10-2 yesterday. Under the bridge pretty much had a boat at nearly every piling. Hit one brushpile and picked up 6 crappie pretty quick and left due to ditch pickles calling. Pretty sure that brush pile had already been picked over. Next hit a couple of humps and clay points around 12-15 feet deep, couldn't get a shad colored crank bait back without pulling up a 14-16" white bass. Moved on to a creek channel bend around 18' of water and picked up around 20 black bass all indenticle 15-16" on pb&j football jigs and plum and junebug colored worms texas rugged. A friend said he been smashing them shallow around hay grass on frogs and top waters.

Comment

May go up again tomorrow.

Comment

Fish yesterday afternoon
              , spent the night and again this morning

Caught about 100

Some really cool white crappie with a black strip down their backs

Comment

I think they call those black nosed and are actually black crappie. They’re cool looking for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                  Fished Rayburn from 10-2 yesterday. Under the bridge pretty much had a boat at nearly every piling. Hit one brushpile and picked up 6 crappie pretty quick and left due to ditch pickles calling. Pretty sure that brush pile had already been picked over. Next hit a couple of humps and clay points around 12-15 feet deep, couldn't get a shad colored crank bait back without pulling up a 14-16" white bass. Moved on to a creek channel bend around 18' of water and picked up around 20 black bass all indenticle 15-16" on pb&j football jigs and plum and junebug colored worms texas rugged. A friend said he been smashing them shallow around hay grass on frogs and top waters.

Thanks for the pickle report. I’ll definitely be chunky a frog or whopper plopper at sunrise.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                    Fish yesterday afternoon
                    , spent the night and again this morning

Caught about 100

Some really cool white crappie with a black strip down their backs

It is my understand-n they are a hybrid cross. I've known-em as "Mowhawks" for about 38 years. There are a few other nick-names for them. They seldom get bigger than 11-12" max. 8-10" being common.
                    Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-23-2018, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Yall are killing me!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                        Those white bass are fun to catch

Comment

Less than a week away now!!!

Comment

OK guys, I’ve been away from this thread for a long long while. Going to pull the boat out Tuesday and start getting everything ready. Is there anything additional I need to bring anything I can do to help out with anything or anyone? It’ll be myself and my buddy Mike, who is also a TBHer. I’m going to pull the boat out Tuesday and start getting everything ready. Is there anything additional I need to bring or anything I can do to help out? It’ll be myself and my buddy Mike, who is also a TBHer. The thought of this trip has been keeping me going for quite a while, and I can’t wait to meet all of y’all!

Comment

I’ll be getting there Wednesday around noon. This will be my first time to fish Rayburn. Anyone gonna be there who can give us pointers?

Comment

Wednesday?!?! Gosh dang man I thought I was doing good to be off Friday. I like your style!

Comment

Working...
                                X