Buggscuffle Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buggscuffle Ranch

Leaving Monday for a four day hunt at Buggscuffle. This will be my first time hunting there. Been there for the TBOT shoot a couple of years ago and decided I wanted to hunt the place. I will be hunting with the Longbow and Recurve, trying to get my first Trad kill. Has anyone ever hunted there with Trad gear? I looked over their website and didn’t see any Trad kills at all. Any advice is appreciated, just hunting whitetail this time, wish me luck!

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck yeah. Get it done. Hope you connect. Going for anything specific?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Heck yeah. Get it done. Hope you connect. Going for anything specific?

Just whitetail this trip. You ever hunted the place?

Comment

I have years ago . Should of killed an axis but got to picky .

Comment

No sir. But I can tell you that most of those places the deer are pressured. Really brush in your blinds.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            No sir. But I can tell you that most of those places the deer are pressured. Really brush in your blinds.

Buggscuffle is a high fence, guided hunt only, ranch. Blinds are set by the guide.

Comment

Good luck, hope you connect.

It's been close to 15 years since I hunted there. Back then it was a decent day lease type place. I was fortunate and killed an axis buck, my brother left a shirt tail. There's been plenty of stick bow kills on that place, have fun and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon M. View Post
                Good luck, hope you connect.

It's been close to 15 years since I hunted there. Back then it was a decent day lease type place. I was fortunate and killed an axis buck, my brother left a shirt tail. There's been plenty of stick bow kills on that place, have fun and good luck.

Thanks I will let you know how it goes

Comment

Good luck, Piney! Nice place.

Comment

I’ve hunted there quite a bit, but it has been a long time ago, and was run by different folks than who run it now. I killed my smallest pig ever on the Bugscuffle (along with a few good ones too)!

Good luck!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      I’ve hunted there quite a bit, but it has been a long time ago, and was run by different folks than who run it now. I killed my smallest pig ever on the Bugscuffle (along with a few good ones too)!

Good luck!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hopefully it’s still a good place, it sounds like they have had some changes. I was just worried about Hunting with Trad after not seeing any photos with Trad kills. I will be sure and give an update when we get back.

Comment

I like high fence.

Comment

Years ago we went and no luck. Didn’t even see a deer at the area I hunted. Scheduled a hunt for next year and was lied to about some fallow bucks so we canceled our hunt and never went back.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
                            Years ago we went and no luck. Didn’t even see a deer at the area I hunted. Scheduled a hunt for next year and was lied to about some fallow bucks so we canceled our hunt and never went back.
                            You must have gone about the same time we made our last trip. Once arriving at the ranch we where hit with a bunch of restrictions that where not disclosed when booking. Other than that we made it work and had a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon M. View Post
                              You must have gone about the same time we made our last trip. Once arriving at the ranch we where hit with a bunch of restrictions that where not disclosed when booking. Other than that we made it work and had a good time.

What kind of restrictions Brandon? PM me if you would like, thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X