Hunting Memberships Available - Newton County - 1-2 membersips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Memberships Available - Newton County - 1-2 membersips

I have 1-2 openings for my hunting lease for 2018-2019 that I need to fill with members that will be a good fit. We are looking for members that want to be part of a good group that understand good management practices. You can contact me at 936.675.3150.

-Chad-

============================================

Scrappin’ Valley is a 7756 acre hunting club located in northern Newton County. It is part of a 11,400 acre property that is high-fenced.

•$3700 current year membership dues for 2018-2019.
    •$300 initiation fee without camper and $600 initiation fee with camper.
    •7756 contiguous acres. 7756 acres is part of an overall 11,000 acre property that is a high-fenced property.
    •29 memberships for 2017-2018.
    •Approximately 55 stand locations with food plots that will be planted by members.
    •Member will be required to maintain their primary stand location and one club/open stand location.
    •Good road system.
    •Membership will include member, spouse, their children that are college age AND attending college, and grandchildren up to age 18.
    •4000 foot airplane runway.
    •Quality whitetail herd.
    •Some turkey.
    •Camp site for travel trailers with electricity, water, DirectTV and a drop-station for black/grey water.
    •Skinning station and sign-in shack.
    •5-6 acre pond located at camp site.
    •MLD 3. We were allotted 15 buck tags and 35 doe tags for 2017-2018.
    •Harvest criteria for whitetail. We want our bucks to reach their full potential.
    •Members are expected to provide protein feed.
    Last edited by TWOHunter; 06-18-2018, 03:35 PM.

2017-2018?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
      2017-2018?
      I'm sorry... 2018-2019 upcoming season. Thanks.

Comment

Is SWELDO on this lease? If I wasn’t already committed this year, I would be very interested.

Comment

Chad, you have any cam pics or pics of recent kills? Thanks!

Comment

So 30 members but only 15 tags...are they first come first serve or drawn out of a hat?

Comment

How are the tags delegated? Only guaranteed one doe tag?

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
                So 30 members but only 15 tags...are they first come first serve or drawn out of a hat?

This

Comment

What size bucks are expected to see on this lease? Any pictures?

Comment

Our goal is for us as members to shoot the bucks that meet our criteria. We want our bucks to reach their full potential as mature bucks. Tags are used as members shoot the right mature bucks. Our tags are generally not an issue. Definitely not a meat lease. Works well for our likeminded membership.

My membership has killed bucks up to 163” with a handful in the 150s and five to ten or so 140s. I’ve had the lease for three years. Adjacent property inside the fence killed a 177” last year

SWELDO is not on this lease. I know him. He’s on a lease i was on a few years ago. Good dude.

Comment

But everyone gets a doe... Scrappin Valley is a great property. Everyone that is in the forest related business knows about Scrappin Valley.

Comment

"My membership has killed bucks up to 163” with a handful in the 150s and five to ten or so 140s. I’ve had the lease for three years."

So just your membership (you and your family) have killed about a dozen 140"+ bucks on this place in the last 3 years? Am I understanding that correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          "My membership has killed bucks up to 163” with a handful in the 150s and five to ten or so 140s. I’ve had the lease for three years."

So just your membership (you and your family) have killed about a dozen 140"+ bucks on this place in the last 3 years? Am I understanding that correctly?
                          This would include all of the membership on our lease. Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
                            This would include all of the membership on our lease. Sorry for any confusion.
                            Ok gotcha. Thanks.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	bigboy2016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	24543051

Name:	6ptdead.jpg
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	24543052

Name:	IMG_1270.jpg
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	24543053

Name:	IMG_1417 (2).jpg
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	24543054

Name:	IMG_1356 (2).jpg
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	24543055

Here are a few pictures I had on my computer. The first one is of the deer that scored 177 I think. The picture is from 2016. I had history with this deer as I passed him in 2015 when he would have scored 140. Second is a big 6 point cull I got last year. The others are from last year and were not killed. There are big deer on this place, but it is not easy hunting. We had several young bucks on the "Do Not Shoot" list last year that will be great bucks this year. About half the members are bow only. Tags have never been an issue as most of the members are very selective and will pass on 130's regularly. Great bunch of serious hunters with a laid back family friendly camp and simple rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X