No announcement yet.

New Line shack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I almost got the entrance side completed today. It takes a lot of time trying to fit around things like the roof pitch and the star. I changed types of mortar late this afternoon and it sure is dark. I hope it is lighter when it dries. It looks like it's not even there in one of the pictures.
    Attached Files

Comment

This is really cool I have been keeping up with it since the start. I would really like soemthing like that. One day when I have my own little chunk of Texas I will

Comment

Pretty much finished the front and started down the side. I still have to cut in 4 more bow windows before I get to them with the stone.
        Forgot my camera and took these with my phone. Sorry they suck!
        Attached Files

Comment

It's looking good. I wish I had your skills, that's a nice asset to have.

Comment

Why not put some gutters on, and rig up a rainwater collection set-up with a couple barrels. You could plumb a water trough with a float valve about ohhhhh 20-25 yards out one of them winders.....maybe even a little shower inside the shack...

Comment

I thought about it but don't think I'll have room in there with the wood burning stove and bunk beds. The next one will be a cabin and will have running water and electricity just like in the big city.
              I am thinking about a gutter on this one that will run to a stock tank out by the feeder. I still have a lot of trim work to do before I start putting gutters on.

Comment

Don't stop updating; this killing, sleeping, relaxing box is great.

Rwc

Comment

I got to go down tonight and do a little work before it got dark. I took my camera and got some better pics.

My new puppy Hank, has found the trailer with the pile of sand. He also got to see cows for the first time tonight. He thinks he's a real bad *$$ when it comes to the cows.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Man that's the finest killing hole I've ever seen!

Comment

Wait your gonna hunt out of this thing

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by The "Juan" 12 View Post
                          Wait your gonna hunt out of this thing
                          Yes, I'm gonna hunt out of one end and sleep in the other. I don't have all of the deerview windows cut in yet so it's hard to visualize where all of the hunting is gonna take place.

Comment

Cut in the bow window on the side tonight and laid a little stone. I will cut one in adjacent to this one and another on the other side of the blind. I will put Deerview windows on the inside when I finish.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I respect the time and patience you've put into this. Really awesome sir.

Comment

Are you already feeding at this spot?

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X