No announcement yet.

1956 gmc panel truck ground up restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is going to be awesome. There is a '49 Ford F-1 just down the road I have been looking at. May have to go see if I can get it.

Comment

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Saw a 66 step side Chevy for sale and I sure do want it. It would make my 3rd 66 truck I would just end up selling it like I have the others

Will be fallowing along.

Comment

subscribed, that thing will be awesome

Comment

took the cab off today,got the motor torn apart and ready to go to the machine shop,got the frame on the trailer ready to haul it to the shop
            Attached Files
            Last edited by paintman; 08-23-2011, 09:21 PM.

Comment

motor
              Attached Files

Comment

frame to the shop
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                  thanks ya i know i cant spell,i can blame it on the cell phone most of the time
                  I also have a 1979 Camaro so it's a pet peeve of mine when people spell it the other way! LOL

Comment

ordered my engine kit today,going 60 over with flattop pistons,turning thr crank,h/o oil pump high proformance cam,not sure about the heads yet but ive got a elderbrock aluminium intake and gonna go w probably a 650 or 750 carb.starting on the frame tomorrow,little clean up and droping the rear 5 inches,then im gonna paint it body color,got a guy whos gonna build my tranny w shift kit,hopefully ill have that all done soon

Comment

Wow.....your not wasting any time! Thanks for posting this.

Comment

Good luck with the project.

Comment

Goin to look great when done

Comment

This will be fun to watch. I spent many hours in one of those as a kid delivering the Austin American newspaper.

Keep those picture comin.

Comment

this is where the camAro front clip was welded in,spent most of day trying to clean it up,getting ready to get the frame painted,motor kit showed up today gonna send it to machine shop tomorrow
                              Attached Files

Comment

Not a fan of that connection, might think about putting some 1/4" plate on the sides and full weld it in place. But don't do a straight cut plate, have the plat curved on the ends like fish mouths or you will create weak points in your welds.

Comment

Working...
                                X