Which chambers ranch to hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which chambers ranch to hunt?

If you had to choose which of the three chambers ranches to hunt which one would it be?

Anybody got a suggestion?

Comment

Only been to the sabinal place and that was really nice with plenty of animals and good accomidations. If you see maurice challenge him to a shootout with him shooting his recurve.(All in fun) Bet him something you don't mind losing. The man can flat out shoot.
      Last edited by stickman; 12-03-2008, 03:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Have been to Sabinal and Frio. We were the very first group to go to Frio with Jesse as the camp guide/manager, Maurice visited but only briefly. A friend in our group shot a nice 8. I missed one. Another guy in a group got a nice 10 (I think....been a few years). Accomidations are better at Sabinal...IMO...you may get closer to a bigger buck at Frio. However, in my visit to Sabinal (2004 or 05?), a guy killed a 130ish 8 pt. Maurice is great. Jesse did well considering a group from Nac didn't arrive until 1 AM and wanted him to take them out to set up. Thanks to them we had to wake Jesse up at daylight to take us out. When we arrived at Frio we asked if their were any stands out on the ranch. He said sure, they are in those boxes. So we put together 8 tripods for setup the day before opening morning. Not sure if he is still there. But he did ok with what he had to deal with. I would go back with a group to either. We go to Firstpoint now. Just like the operation better and had better experience there.

Comment

Do they have a website? I can't find one for them.

Comment

I have been to the main ranch and like it a lot. Been meaning to go to Crystal Creek because I have heard great things about it but haven't had time.
            Jeff Young

Comment

Working...
            X