Keith Johns reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keith Johns reports

A buddy and I are heading to Keith Johns the first weekend in December. We will be there doing the exotic buck package. Im just wondering if there are any recent reports or just helpful things to know about the ranch. Also was wondering on what to expect with the stands. Thanks for any help.

Jake

It's been about a year since I went, but it was a mix of pop up blinds and tripods.

Lots of game. I kind of wish he had a daily fee and a fee per animal in addition to his packages just because what's in your package doesn't always come in.

That being said I would hunt there again in a second even how it's set up now.

Good luck!

Todd

Comment

I was there a couple of months ago. Keith will try everything he can to make sure you get a shot at what you want. It was mostly tripods when I was there. They are all set at about 20yards. Lots of animals. We saw a couple of good axis, sika, and a huge blackbuck. I plan on going back a little closer to summer.(its just when I have time off)

Comment

He has a couple of Lock-ons, tripods, pop up and brush blinds. You will have a great time. Both of them will do whatever it takes for you to get a shot oppurtunity.

Comment

Thanks guys. We are really excited about this hunt. He told us that things right now are really hitting the feeders and we would stand a good chance at seeing a lot of animals. Neither of us are to picky about what we want to shoot just no more rams lol.

Comment

I'm doing this same package later in Dec. What broadheads you planning to shoot?
            Last edited by TimH; 12-01-2008, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Hunt the hay ring ground blind on the edge of the field. There is no feeder but he throws corn and you will see lots of exotics and deer there.

Comment

I will be shooting either the Montecs or Shuttle T Locks. I have used both blades and they fly great. Thanks stuntr I will keep that in mind. Its getting close heading out friday.

Comment

stuntriderant,

How are the Whitetail? I like exotics, but I want whitetail!

Comment

I've never been but Ihave talked to him and I plan on making a trip just not sure if it will be this year or 1st of next.

Comment

Keith seems like a great guy. I have talked to him on the phone a few times now and everytime he gives me all the info he can and answers any of our questions. Hopefully I will have a good report for ya on Monday.

Comment

Whitetail are all over the place!! First evening I had a 130 inh 8 under me along with a smaller 10. You will have a blast.

Comment

When I was there I was only hunting exotic does, but I could have killed LOTS of whitetails. I never saw any really huge deer but I did see a few that were really nice.

Comment

Alright guys wish us luck. The truck is packed and we will be heading out in the morning. Hopefully we will have a good report for you on monday.

Comment

Good luck Rabidbowhunter!! Hope you get what you are after!

Comment

Working...
                              X