Hacienda Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hacienda Ranch

I have to thank Brad and Abel for a class act hog hunting good time.

I took my wife's uncle out for our first hog hunting experience and we had a blast!!! I ended up shooting a pig with my bow, he got one with a rifle and then Abel and I spent a couple of hours (probably only 45 minutes but it seemed like hours) in the bush searching for a hog in the dark with the dogs and ended up with our third pig of the weekend.

I can't say enough of the hospitality and effort that was put into making sure we were able to succeed for our hunt. Thanks again and we will be back!!! (Besides to pick up my stuff I forgot).

Sorry no LDPs as my camera ended up being on the fritz and photos didn't come out.

Oh but I can't leave out the highlight of the trip...as I was waiting to get picked up and head out for home, I encountered the trophy of a lifetime. I knew I probably couldn't afford to shot a trophy on this ranch, but opportunities like this may only come once in each of lives and I knew I couldn't live with myself if i let this magnificent beast slip from my grasp. So i carefully grabbed my bow and came to full draw and waited for the shot to present it self which wasn't easy as he was now sneaking in and out of the cover. Finally, he stopped and I ceased the window of opportunity. I released and THWACK. I don't think I could duplicate that moment ever again. Anyways, I did get this on my cell phone as I didn't want to wait to take photos with my camera that was back in the truck; good thing since none of those photos are any good.

So here is the magnificent beast in all his glory or least his final ride.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rider.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	24747059
    Crimson Talon almost severed his head right off.

Name:	I almost lost my head.JPG
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	24747060

Last shot to show there are hogs worthy of taking dirt naps.

Name:	pigs.JPG
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	24747061

Sounds great!!

Once again another satisfied hunter, great to hear!!!

Comment

indeed what a great place to hunt
      and super host Abe and Brad
      i know i'll be going back
      we saw as many as 40 hogs anywhere from 10 to 200#ers
      thanks for the story
      cya around the fire when i get there,
      Bob G.

Comment

Spectacular Ranch

This is very accurate! If you are looking for a place to shoot some hogs and have a good time with some great hosts, this is your place.

Comment

Are they still running a special on the hog hunts?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
            Are they still running a special on the hog hunts?
            pm sent

Comment

Working...
            X