No announcement yet.

Gonna kill a bunch of them!--argentina dove hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to all the pics. This is a dream trip of mine.

Comment

Good luck, doc! Killing several thousand doves in a couple days would be a hoot!

Bisch

Comment

This year I tried really hard to shoot one or more sandhills at our lease in San Saba. Not to be. They are pretty smart birds I found out. Looks like y'all shot a limit so congratulations! What do they taste like?

Oh, and good luck in Argentina. Sounds like a wonderful time.

Comment

Sandhills are pretty good to eat. Not sure I would say ribeye good but better than most waterfowl. I really like to make them in to jerky. They are tough to kill without the right setup. I have pass shot some and killed a few up here out of a goose spread. But, if you really want a good hunt go with panhandles best. They are good guys and hunt over stuffers/ mounted birds. I have hunted with them for 8-9 years and have always limited on cranes. Payton does a great job with both wild and released bird pheasant hunts as well.

Comment

Heading out today doc?

Comment

Working today and enjoying the snow in Amarillo . Been busy as heck! Fly out tomorrow at 1050! Ready for hot weather, good beef, cold drinks and tons of shooting!!!!

Comment

a

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                  On my bucket list. If I may be nosy, approximately what will it cost? Please PM if necessary.

THANKS!!
                  Originally posted by ducks-and-bucks View Post
                  Id love to knoq the cost associated with doing that trip too if someone could break it down and PM me... ive talked about doing that one for years too....
                  From the research my dad and I have done and talking to freinds who have been it looks to be a $6,000-$10,000 trip - I am sure you could bust the $10,000 mark pretty easy. Shotgun shells is where you pretty much set your own budget - they get expensive when you are shooting thousands of them

Good Luck on your hunt Docmay!

Comment

Hey man, good luck!!! I want to do this hunt bad! You guys who have gone, do you take your own shotguns or use/rent the lodge guns? I've heard both work, but you can literally wear out a shot gun there... Anyone shoot .410's? I'd love to do that, but I bet shells are too expensive to justify that. Probably 20 ga??

Comment

Have a great Hunt Doc, look for the report when you get back. SOme day hopefully I will do the same

Comment

When we put our group together we estimated total cost of $7000. That is travel, lodging, shells, everything. The variance will be your shell bill. I think 1000 shells a day is about average and that comes to $2000 for the four days we are hunting. I figure one day I may shoot 1500-2000 rounds but take it easy the others. We are hunting four days and most dove trips are 3 days.

Comment

You will have a great time. I got to go a couple of years ago with 5 friends to hunt doves, pigeons, and ducks. What a great trip, and we met some great people there. We hunted with Majan Safaris in Santiago Del Estero. As Codie said, the shotgun shells is where you control your budget. The group of us ended up shooting around 6,000 doves in 4 days, but we could have shot many more if we had wanted to at $12.50 per box of shells. Be sure and get a good shoulder pad, and wear some good shooting gloves. You will have a wonderful time.

Comment

I have 2 evo shield shirts with rigid pad, 3 pairs of shooting gloves, electronic and solid ear plugs, check for shell bill with funds in the bank and cash. I should be ready. I think I am going to shoot a 20 gauge for a couple days and then move to the 28 gauge. Hopefully I can hit a few.

Comment

I'm headed to Cordoba March 8th with my son. My first trip there, and I can't wait.

Comment

Have fun!
                                I want to go on this trip more than I want to kill a 300" typical 10 point whitetail with a bow.
                                Looking forward to some pics.
                                Safe travels

Comment

Working...
                                X