Nolton Creek Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nolton Creek Ranch

I spoke with Mr. Zimmerman the other day trying to get a hunt pulled Jan. 5th -7th. Seemed like a hell of a place and seemed to be a real honest person. This hunt is for my dad he did a hell of a lot for me growing up and it is time to start doing stuff for him. Any thoughts on this place. Can you make close shots with in 20 yards. I am not too concerened with quality of animals just as long as there are some opportunities.
    John D.

Les will do his best to put you on animals and it should not be a problem to get something within 20 yards.

What are you after? If its a ram, you will have a 100% shot opportunity. There are a lot of hogs on the place but they are smart but they are huntable. The exotics depends on what is hard horned at the time and what he actually may have on the place, but usually you will see plenty of exotic deer.

Good luck!

Comment

I hunted there in Jan. '06 and will be hunting hogs there in Jan. '07. Les does his best to help clients harvest an animal. The sheep and goats usually cooperate but the hogs can be tricky. Like Travis said as far as exotics are concerned it all depends on what's on the ranch when you're there. You'll have a good time I'm sure. Just listen to what Les tells you and you'll do fine.

Comment

I've been there twice and had a blast both times. Les will help you any way he can. Just let him know what you are wanting and he'll do his best to put you in a spot for an opportunity at it. Good luck and take lots of pictures! Don't forget to get some LDP's for us.

Comment

I am still torn. I have done these deals before $150- $200 a day whitetail exotic hunts. It always seems to be a bust. So I am still try to make a final decision.

Comment

im at nolton creek right now ! fixing to go out , saw plenty last night just no oppertunities , my wife had a good blackbuck @ 13 yds but too many does in the way.well gotta go ill write more tonite mike

Comment

just got back in for lunch a got things cleaned , my daughter missed a 32-35" axis, buck fever she shot right over it at 12 yds , my wife was at full draw waiting on a nice auodad to step clear and the sheep spooked them off , i got a little 8 pt whitetail at 23 yds , then my daughter got a nice 4-horn ram. we all saw alot of critters , getting ready to go back out mike

Comment

well we are in for the night ,my wife got a nice 16 1/8 blackbuck , i got a 60# pig and another 8 pt whitetail (had to pay extra). very nice . very enjoyable , both my wife and daughter shoot 44# parker challengers and routinely get pass thrus , my wifes big red stag was even a pass thru @ 22 yds. good luck mike

Comment

Congrats bigmike! You seem to always do well at Nolton Creek.

Comment

Man sounds like a hell of a time. I may have found a match for my dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Cartman View Post
                      I spoke with Mr. Zimmerman the other day trying to get a hunt pulled Jan. 5th -7th. Seemed like a hell of a place and seemed to be a real honest person. John D.

Comment

do they have a website?

Comment

Is it even still around?

Comment

No the Ranch sold over a year ago.

Comment

do you have any pics?
                              how do you get in contact with them?

Comment

Working...
                              X