What's with aggie pride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind...
    Last edited by AXIS_KILLER; 08-29-2014, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AXIS_KILLER View Post
      I am sorry, but Aggie pride does not compare to that of an internet message board. Those comparing the two are off base and to me, as a former student and Class of 2003, that is a degrading comment, but to each his own. Comparing my, my husband's, and the hard work and dedication of becoming an Aggie and being fortunate to be a former student to signing up for a membership on an internet forum is ridiculous.

Aggie pride is so much more, that anyone that has not been a part of it and experienced it first hand, cannot explain, nor understand when someone explains it to you.
      They're only referring to the looking out for each other aspect when referencing the green screen! It doesn't appear that you have been around long enough to realize how close this group can be.

It (Green Screen) is also a pretty solid networking pipeline.
      Last edited by Chad C; 08-29-2014, 09:28 AM.

Comment

It's a little too bromantic up in here. Congrats on the big win though. Dueces y'all

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Aggie Spirit:
          From the outside looking in, you can't understand it.
          From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.
          I believe many cults use similar logic.

Comment

Wow... How to begin? If you didn't meet lifelong friends at fish camp, meet more during gig 'em week and dorm move-in, kiss your first love at midnight yell, support the families of the lost with hundreds of other Aggies at Silver Taps, drink your first legal beer at the Dixie Chicken on Northgate, saw varsity's horns off from third deck, earn the right to holler "whoop" at Kyle Field, dunk your ring with your best friends, cry like a baby at Muster, or walk that stage at Reed Arena, you can only guess how it feels to be part of the first public college in Texas and the Aggie FAMILY. That's not a jab at any other school in the state, but simple truth. We take care of our own and wear our colors with vigor; in my opinion, more so than any other school in Texas. Aggie spirit means more to us than simple pride or support for our sports teams.

- '13, 15

Comment

Oh its most definitely unexplainable.

Comment

Last edited by Snakelover; 08-29-2014, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  Docmay, you just cemented your stature with being a Former Student! Awesome! What class?
                  I was class of 94 and 99. I went to both undergrad and med school at ATM. Spent 9 years in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    Aggie Spirit:
                    this

it isn't a knock or anything... a few of the parts of me that are most ground into my soul

1) God loves me
                    2) I will, have been and always be a Texan first
                    3) I am an aggie, and glad I am a former student.

There are plenty of schools, and plenty of well knit communities, but the level at which this community fuctions and supports each other and cranks out GOOD people, not athletes, PEOPLE is only rivialed by the church. It takes a village, and if I get to pick the village I raise my kids in, it will have lots of aggies(and a few horns just to give'em heck!)

30-30's post was incredible... I get chills when I stand for the war hyme and spirt of aggie land. And Muster is one of the most moving things I have ever seen...
                    Last edited by catslayer; 08-29-2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I got a little story for you ags....
                      NOW that brought a ton of memories back thanks for posting

'Nuff said

Class of '91

Comment

I just think some, not all of y'all get a tad conceded with it. Other than that nothing wrong with being proud of your school.

Comment

I like and respect Aggies. They got something to be proud of, it is a very good school. Having said that I like to ruffle all my Aggie friends/coworkers feathers with a good ole Aggie joke every now and then. All in good fun.

Comment

It's been a few years but I remember the days of the midnight yell practices and the bonfire when it was on the east side of campus close to Kyle Field. I remember taking a girlfriend to a Krystal Gale concert at the Jollie Rollie afterwards. I remember with laughter the great time we had at the un-air conditioned Law Hall, Ramp 8 with my Ramp 8 Animals which BTW cost a whole $169.00 per semester with a phone!

It is really pretty neat, the comradre that is not pushed to the civilians, but is still instilled within the hearts of the entire student body. If you were in the Corp . . . . you are whole hog Aggie Spirit no doubt. My fishing buddy was a Corp guy and we have great fun together.

Did my undergraduate in Aggieland and loved it but wanted to see the other side of the world and did my masters at UT and to be frank about it, a woman was involved, lol. Back in our day there was a male to female ratio of 10:1 at A&M when the student population was a tad over 14,000. So I think that you can understand the effects of hormones so to speak. Now a days I think that it's pretty much 50-50 right? and maybe the gals are a tad more populated there than the boys in 2014?

Anywho, a great school and was truly blessed to graduate from A&M and for that matter another top shelf university also. The spirit of the student and alumni heart of the schools was vastly different for sure.

Is it a cult? No. Is it real? You betcha !

Bottom line is that the Aggie Spirit is a fantastically good thing that is truly an anomaly in the culture of today.

Paul K
                            Class of '78

Comment

Here is the thing what I experienced at Texas A&M was some of the best years of my life. It cannot be summed up in a paragraph. The school, the atmosphere, the people I met, the lessons learned all shaped my future.

I would NEVER try to explain it to anyone because it was my experience, and to each their own. When people ask me why I decided on A&M, the answer is that it sucked me in from my first trip there.

We Aggies are proud. Proud of each other and proud of our school. It is simply something that lives in me. I am an Aggie.

Comment

To the OP. You wouldn't understand.

Class of '86

Comment

Working...
                                X