No announcement yet.

Which buck to shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched this deer for 3yrs on 15ac. I had to work opening weekend or I would have killed a Trophy for a Life time at Home. He was hit by a car shortly after opening day. Not management at it's Best but, Passing deer can work

Could have killed him if I did not choose to work second weekend that yr

Comment

I personally think the wide one is cool looking!

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
        ........People say you can't Manage 20 ac but, You can always hope for the Better. Good Luck
        We just finished the first deer census on a ranch that I help a biologist friend do the counts on. Last year we seen three really good easily identifiable bucks, we saw two of them this year less then 500 yards from where they were last year. One was less than 60 yards from where he was last year. We do three counts on each ranch, each year, these three bucks were seen each time and they were within 150 yards from where we saw them the count before. So, maybe we can't "manage" really small acreage but we can "hope for better"!

Comment

nice bucks

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
            They look like 4 year olds to me Paul. That's old enough in my book on most places. I like them both, but if they're both in front of me, I'm shooting the narrow deer. Good luck amigo!
            Thanks Steve, I'm still learning to age deer and I was wondering how old they might be. I'm a meat hunter as well so if I don't have a doe in the freezer, it might change my opinion on letting them walk.

Comment

I wish I had that problem! nice deer. good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
                2 tags 2 bucks.
                This is the way i see it...especially with the way you describe your neighbors.

Comment

Working...
                X