Paradise Hunting Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paradise Hunting Club

Anyone ever hunt with these guys? Most of our public goose huntung areas will probably remain closed due to the big cane. Got a party of 6-8 guys that normally hunt with me. Just looking for some info, I hear they are good.

Our trip with them a few years back SUCKED!!!!!

Paid $400 for a hunt and out of 12 guys we killed 6 geese.

On top of that, we have to wade 1/2 mile through gumbo mud and spread out 800 rags while he rides his 4 wheeler around.

We were NOT impressed. We did not feel that we got our money's worth for sure.

Comment

Thats the kind of feed back I need. I used to guide for los patos and texas prime waterfowl, my guys showed up to a fully set spread of 500 - 600 full bodies and shells with brush rings and benches set up. I have heard alot of guide services want you to help out. I dont mind but if I have to do the work I have a few semi decent places to hunt I can do on my own. I want to be cadillac'd in if Im paying. Thanks

Comment

There was nothing mentioned to us about having to wade around in knee deep gumbo to help spread decoys until we hit the fields that morning.

We were also told that we would be using shells and not rags because the geese were not responding well to rags. When we got to the field the guide's truck had nothing but 800 rags in the back of the truck.

The next year we went to the panhandle on a goose hunt and had a much better time.

Comment

There are very few places that set that spread out for you around Houston.
          They only one that I know is Butch's Guide Service - Ask for Ryan Waggoner - he normally sets the spread out ahead of time and will work his tail off for you.

Others will give you a good hunt Bay Prairie Outfitters, Bill Sherrill (Wharton) but you will be required to help set the spread.

Comment

Thanks uncle fish I will give them a call, I dont mind helping but I expect the guide to do his fair share. I guess thats why our customers came back every year. Glad I'm out of that business though. It was alot of hard work.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend anyone to Paradise. I've got friends that used to guide for them and pretty much everyone bailed. If you want to know details I have about the outfit PM me and I'll be happy to share.

Check out Waterfowl Specialties out of El Campo. For their website just scrunch their name together, put a www. in front of it and a .com behind it. Or call at 979-543-1109. You should get Terry or Lisa. Tell them Clint Faas sent you.

As far as the number of birds being killed I hate to say it, but the last few years have been pretty terrible. Everything has been hit and miss: 40+ birds one morning, 3 the next. Its just how the geese have been flying lately. They used to commit suicide much better

Comment

Originally posted by AggieHunter View Post
                Check out Waterfowl Specialties out of El Campo. For their website just scrunch their name together, put a www. in front of it and a .com behind it. Or call at 979-543-1109. You should get Terry or Lisa. Tell them Clint Faas sent you.
                I haven't hunted with Terry, but I have fished with him and we had a very enjoyable trip.

Comment

my lab came from there kennel, and he is awesome retreiver but i have never hunted with a guide always have done it myself.

Comment

Try Tim Kelly out of Eagle Lake, we have used him quite a bit, or Bay Prairie Outfitters in El Campo.

Comment

Anybody else?? Looking at bay prarie a little more now.

Comment

Will Beaty with CFO www.hunttexas.com

Comment

A friend of mine has made several trips with Butch Waggoners over the years and they do well and the guides work hard for em.

Comment

I hunted with Paradise at least 5 times in the late 90's and the customers always had a good time. The camps were nice, the meals were great and the atmosphere was fun. Matter of fact I have never hunted with a outfitter that we did not put out dekes.....but yes the outfitter pitched in.

Comment

Originally posted by bonesplitter View Post
                              Thats the kind of feed back I need. I used to guide for los patos and texas prime waterfowl, my guys showed up to a fully set spread of 500 - 600 full bodies and shells with brush rings and benches set up. I have heard alot of guide services want you to help out. I dont mind but if I have to do the work I have a few semi decent places to hunt I can do on my own. I want to be cadillac'd in if Im paying. Thanks
                              Man i havent heard that name in a long time. I used to drive past the west's place every morning goign to school

Comment

Working...
                              X