No announcement yet.

4-A Hunting in Rocksprings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother and I are going down there Feb 28, March 1 and 2. Can anyone give me some insight as to what I am going to need to expect?

Comment

tTt

Comment

Originally posted by big papa View Post
        My brother and I are going down there Feb 28, March 1 and 2. Can anyone give me some insight as to what I am going to need to expect?
        Does anyone have any current info?????

Comment

We didn't see any signs of turkeys the first week of Jan.

He has two box blinds aout 10 feet up

With his setup in Jan. I wouldn't humt more than two hunters.

he has maybe 60 acres

The surrounding ranches are all low fenced as well. The owners all hunt their land too.

For Bowhunting I saw two pop up's he might have more... I only saw two One of them was about 25 yds from a feeder and the other was 50+yds from the feeder.

We didn't kill anything on our trip but we had a good time.

Comment

I don't guess anyone has killed anything since the 1st week of Dec 07'. No updates from anyone and nothing new on his website.

Comment

fence

Is the 60 acres low fence or no fence?

Comment

I really cant say, I know he has low fence along the road. As far as the land joining his land, I don't think he has a fence seperating it.

Comment

Anyone know If Albert is running another ranch or anything?

Comment

Big Papa,

I had a few beverages with Albert tonight and will be at the 4A in the morning. Albert does not own the ranch anymore but has access to it. He is looking to buy a bigger ranch with his father as soon as possible, he will have some hunting opportunities on the 4A after Christmas. I will pm you his email and he will fill you in on all the details. Sad that he sold it but I do not blame him, I would have done the exact same thing!

PM coming in a day or two, we are using an Iphone and it is not easy to get online out here.

Comment

Appreciate the insight into 4A. I couldn't get to the website - maybe it's no longer up? Sounds like a great host and a fun place to hunt - thanks.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I saw this land for sale recently.

Comment

Working...
                        X