Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2019, 08:08 AM   #101
Sackett
Pope & Young
 
Sackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, TX
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default

I've had mine set up at the house for 2 weeks and they've worked flawlessly. One of the guys in our Elk hunting group headed up this weekend to scout and I gave him the camera to put at a water hole that has a signal. We'll see if it works as well there.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2019, 08:25 AM   #102
KNP16
Six Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I've had mine set up at the house for 2 weeks and they've worked flawlessly. One of the guys in our Elk hunting group headed up this weekend to scout and I gave him the camera to put at a water hole that has a signal. We'll see if it works as well there.
Mine have been working fine as well. I went ahead and bought a higher strength antenna from Amazon to help boost the signal at the deer lease (13 bucks compared to theirs at 70). But currently it shows 0/5 signal and still transmits pictures. I'm hoping if I can get better signal it will transmit more throughout the day. We'll see if it works when it comes in.
KNP16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2019, 10:02 AM   #103
texan4ut
Ten Point
 
texan4ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Where I can, Terrell County
Default

Mine are working too. I did the update per their instructions. I will be trying them at the lease next week. KNP16 which antenna did you buy?

Last edited by texan4ut; 08-06-2019 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Re worded the post
texan4ut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2019, 01:45 PM   #104
KNP16
Six Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan4ut View Post
Mine are working too. I did the update per their instructions. I will be trying them at the lease next week. KNP16 which antenna did you buy?
Here it is.

https://www.amazon.com/TECHTOO-Anten...s%2C200&sr=8-3
KNP16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2019, 11:13 PM   #105
drbonner
Ten Point
 
drbonner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Joaquin, Tx
Hunt In: Shelby County and Kansas
Default

What is the least amount of service that will transmit pics? I’m testing mine at work and trying to figure this out. 2 bars? 3? What are y’all seeing?
drbonner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2019, 06:56 AM   #106
tpcollins
Eight Point
 
tpcollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Meechigan
Hunt In: Local
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timoub007 View Post
Received my Link Micro in the mail this week.

The not so good, 8 rechargeable Tenergy batteries would not fit in the battery compartment.

How are folks running these on rechargeables and/or an external battery and solar setup?
AA rechargeable are rated at 1.2 volts (9.6 volts for 8) but sometimes may charge up to 1.3 volts (10.4 volts for 8).

Alkaline or lithiums are 1.5 volts (12.0 volts for 8) but usually start out at 1.6 volts (12.8 volts for 8). I think the Spypoint user manual specifically says not to use rechargeables due to not enough voltage.


I ordered this Panorama cell antenna with a 16’ extension that I have mounted on a 10’ piece of 1/2” PVC pipe. My plan is to attach a cord at the top, throw it over a tree limb and hoist it up higher for better cell reception. Problem is the cam and cable both have the center wire protruding out so I’m waiting on an adapter with female opening on both ends.

I’m hoping this helps the signal as my spot is in a rather low section in the woods where I’ll set the cam up.



https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

.

Last edited by tpcollins; 08-07-2019 at 07:05 AM.
tpcollins is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2019, 09:58 AM   #107
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

I had a LINK evo and it ruined my experience with Spypoint. I will not buy another. Their customer service is awful and so was the camera

All I will use is Covert and Spartan now
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2019, 11:51 AM   #108
KNP16
Six Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbonner View Post
What is the least amount of service that will transmit pics? Iím testing mine at work and trying to figure this out. 2 bars? 3? What are yíall seeing?
Mines been transmitting without issue with 0/5 or 1/5 bars per my app. But when I physically see the camera the it shows orange or "acceptable" signal.
KNP16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2019, 01:59 PM   #109
drbonner
Ten Point
 
drbonner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Joaquin, Tx
Hunt In: Shelby County and Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNP16 View Post
Mines been transmitting without issue with 0/5 or 1/5 bars per my app. But when I physically see the camera the it shows orange or "acceptable" signal.
This is what I saw last night. I think mine will be fine for Kansas as I typically have better service than I do at work
drbonner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 07:48 AM   #110
topher
Ten Point
 
topher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Princeton
Hunt In: Cottle/Foard County
Default

So is the Spypoint camera worth it.
Looking to buy 2 new cameras but trying to figure out.
Can anyone post the pro’s, cons on these cameras.
topher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 08:10 AM   #111
bowhunterhelm
Pope & Young
 
bowhunterhelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leander
Hunt In: Leander, my back yard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher View Post
So is the Spypoint camera worth it.
Looking to buy 2 new cameras but trying to figure out.
Can anyone post the proís, cons on these cameras.


I have one and it worked great for about 6 weeks. I took it down and moved it to my lease and it stopped working. Called customer service and was on hold for 45 mins. Finally got someone and we were unable to trouble shoot it. They are sending me a replacement camera with a pre paid return shipping tag.

If they can work out the kinks I will buy more of them.
bowhunterhelm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 08:13 AM   #112
bowhunterhelm
Pope & Young
 
bowhunterhelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leander
Hunt In: Leander, my back yard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpcollins View Post
AA rechargeable are rated at 1.2 volts (9.6 volts for 8) but sometimes may charge up to 1.3 volts (10.4 volts for 8).

Alkaline or lithiums are 1.5 volts (12.0 volts for 8) but usually start out at 1.6 volts (12.8 volts for 8). I think the Spypoint user manual specifically says not to use rechargeables due to not enough voltage.


I ordered this Panorama cell antenna with a 16í extension that I have mounted on a 10í piece of 1/2Ē PVC pipe. My plan is to attach a cord at the top, throw it over a tree limb and hoist it up higher for better cell reception. Problem is the cam and cable both have the center wire protruding out so Iím waiting on an adapter with female opening on both ends.

Iím hoping this helps the signal as my spot is in a rather low section in the woods where Iíll set the cam up.



https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

.
I have the same issue. Where did you find the adapter with two female ends?
bowhunterhelm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 08:21 AM   #113
roughneck266
Eight Point
 
roughneck266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: Bustling metropolis of Votaw
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
I have the same issue. Where did you find the adapter with two female ends?
Tou can get a little assortment there for what most are charging for just one. It's an sma connector btw.

BCP 2 Pcs SMA Male to SMA Male Plug+ 2 Pcs SMA Female to SMA Female Jack RF Coaxial Adapter Connector https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0169PS1RI..._10pCDbD18SVDA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
roughneck266 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 08:24 AM   #114
roughneck266
Eight Point
 
roughneck266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: Bustling metropolis of Votaw
Default

As far as kinks, I just bought two of the new micros. One hasn't worked yet, the other has been great. Broken one wont take any pics. The LEDs light up, but nothing on the card and nothing sent to the app. Customer service hasn't even answered me yet. Probably be the last time I deal with them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
roughneck266 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 08:24 AM   #115
bowhunterhelm
Pope & Young
 
bowhunterhelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leander
Hunt In: Leander, my back yard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneck266 View Post
Tou can get a little assortment there for what most are charging for just one. It's an sma connector btw.

BCP 2 Pcs SMA Male to SMA Male Plug+ 2 Pcs SMA Female to SMA Female Jack RF Coaxial Adapter Connector https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0169PS1RI..._10pCDbD18SVDA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thank you! Got it ordered
bowhunterhelm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 08:26 AM   #116
bowhunterhelm
Pope & Young
 
bowhunterhelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leander
Hunt In: Leander, my back yard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneck266 View Post
As far as kinks, I just bought two of the new micros. One hasn't worked yet, the other has been great. Broken one wont take any pics. The LEDs light up, but nothing on the card and nothing sent to the app. Customer service hasn't even answered me yet. Probably be the last time I deal with them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Email is slow to no response. Call them and put it on speaker phone and wait them out while you are doing something else.íve calles twice and waited 30-45 mins for someone to answer. They are helpful once you get through to them.
bowhunterhelm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 08:32 AM   #117
James
Ten Point
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: Kinney County, Kansas and Out West
Default

Mine worked flawlessly first 3 weeks and just stopped two nights ago. Guess there is not much I can do until I drive to the lease
James is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 08:37 AM   #118
roughneck266
Eight Point
 
roughneck266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: Bustling metropolis of Votaw
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
Email is slow to no response. Call them and put it on speaker phone and wait them out while you are doing something else.íve calles twice and waited 30-45 mins for someone to answer. They are helpful once you get through to them.
Yeah this isn't the first time, I have teo link-s cameras. Had an issue with one if them, and had no problem getting through. I will give em a call. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
roughneck266 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 09:27 AM   #119
KNP16
Six Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Mine worked flawlessly first 3 weeks and just stopped two nights ago. Guess there is not much I can do until I drive to the lease
I have been having this problem as well, I'm assuming that its from the antenna not remaining upright. Each time it stops transmitting and I go to the lease to check its pointing at the ground. I have had this problem with both the antenna that came with the camera and the one I bought off of amazon. Hopefully going to fix that problem this weekend.
KNP16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 09:33 AM   #120
canny
Pope & Young
 
canny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: Houston & Zavalla
Default

We had one for 3 weeks. Had to manually reset it 3x which meant turning the camera off and back on, not what you want for a remote camera 6 hours away. Returned it and bought a Covert Code Black LTE.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
canny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 11:57 AM   #121
bollomb
Ten Point
 
bollomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Spring Tx
Hunt In: Trinity
Default

I dont want to ruin my luck but mine has been out since Saturday and working so far. I am showing full bars and pics are coming in like they should
bollomb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #122
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

they are junk
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 12:46 PM   #123
justindiehl7
Ten Point
 
justindiehl7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Conroe. TX
Hunt In: Woodville, TX
Default

Have 3 out for 2 weeks so far and no issues. 2 more just came in yesterday. T-mobile works great at my place for some reason. Takes very good pictures for the money.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justindiehl7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2019, 02:03 PM   #124
huntindude
Eight Point
 
huntindude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brazoria county and Menard
Default SpyPoint Link Micro

I donít like how small/ far away it makes the deer seem. Anything not right on top of the camera is hard to get a good look at. That being said it is transmitting pictures and working as it should


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
huntindude is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2019, 10:22 AM   #125
Apodz
Four Point
 
Apodz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Liberty Hill TX
Hunt In: Central, Brazil’s Valley and West Texas
Default

Have tried for 3 days now and spent over 3 hours between the “live chat” and being on hold waiting to get someone on the phone with no luck. Mine randomly stopped sending pictures and i literally cant get any help. They haven’t returned an email in over 72 hours. Every time i get within 3 people on the “live chat” it says I’m disconnected and i go to the back of the que which is to about number 20-25. I called and sent messages this morning at 8 am sharp, and just now hung up at 9:18 without every getting to speak to anybody on the phone or on chat. I have spent the extra money to upgrade plans also and this is the crap service they put out. Terrible.

Also the picture quality is not good. Only only goo picture is anything within 5 ft.
Apodz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2019, 07:32 PM   #126
bowhunterhelm
Pope & Young
 
bowhunterhelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leander
Hunt In: Leander, my back yard
Default

Just a heads up, I got the brackets in today and they still didn’t allow me to hook the antenna up.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0169PS1RI..._10pCDbD18SVDA
bowhunterhelm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2019, 07:51 PM   #127
roughneck266
Eight Point
 
roughneck266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: Bustling metropolis of Votaw
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
Just a heads up, I got the brackets in today and they still didnít allow me to hook the antenna up.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0169PS1RI..._10pCDbD18SVDA
Do they not fit the antenna you have or the camera?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
roughneck266 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2019, 06:14 PM   #128
roughneck266
Eight Point
 
roughneck266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: Bustling metropolis of Votaw
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
Just a heads up, I got the brackets in today and they still didn’t allow me to hook the antenna up.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0169PS1RI..._10pCDbD18SVDA
Man, I apologize. I forgot that Spypoint uses weird connectors. They are RP SMA connectors. The pin is backwards. Im sorry about that.
If your antenna is female threads with a male pin, these should fit:

https://www.amazon.com/DHT-Electroni...s%2C177&sr=8-6

Last edited by roughneck266; 09-09-2019 at 06:19 PM.
roughneck266 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2019, 01:01 PM   #129
bowhunterhelm
Pope & Young
 
bowhunterhelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leander
Hunt In: Leander, my back yard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneck266 View Post
Man, I apologize. I forgot that Spypoint uses weird connectors. They are RP SMA connectors. The pin is backwards. Im sorry about that.
If your antenna is female threads with a male pin, these should fit:

https://www.amazon.com/DHT-Electroni...s%2C177&sr=8-6

No sweat, got the new ones ordered. Hopefully I can get a little signal at the lease.
bowhunterhelm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2019, 12:38 AM   #130
Spearchunker
Ten Point
 
Spearchunker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rowlett
Hunt In: Unit 7 KS, Fannin Co, Grayson Co
Default

Ok I bought three at Tractor Supply on sale. So far I am happy. The infrared is bad azz... I have used about all brands and this one is far superior.

No issues yet, I like the app too. Camera is real simple one switch and that's off and on. Dont need to be at the camera for any other reason.

Once activated you get 30 days unlimited pics. This gives you time to adjust for false pics and such.

App is user friendly and subscription is affordable for month to month. If you refer a friend you get another free unlimited month.

I read alot of negative about customer service and use. So far no service needed. We will see. It appears problems start after 60 days...return policy limits.

Cheers
Sean
Spearchunker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2019, 09:33 PM   #131
Spearchunker
Ten Point
 
Spearchunker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rowlett
Hunt In: Unit 7 KS, Fannin Co, Grayson Co
Default

Been running flawlessly. I plan on getting more.

Wonder if this is a light site?

SPYPOINT Link Micro with 16GB MicroSD (Smallest on The Market!) Wireless/Cellular Trail Camera, Fast 4G Photo Transmission w/Preactivated SIM, Fully Configurable via App [FBS1OX] - $59.00 : classichop.com
https://www.classichop.com/micro-w-p...nt-on-4g-photo

Last edited by Spearchunker; 09-18-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Spearchunker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2019, 03:15 PM   #132
KNP16
Six Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearchunker View Post
Been running flawlessly. I plan on getting more.

Wonder if this is a light site?

SPYPOINT Link Micro with 16GB MicroSD (Smallest on The Market!) Wireless/Cellular Trail Camera, Fast 4G Photo Transmission w/Preactivated SIM, Fully Configurable via App [FBS1OX] - $59.00 : classichop.com
https://www.classichop.com/micro-w-p...nt-on-4g-photo
Did you try to buy from this site? If itís legit thatís an outstanding price.
KNP16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2019, 03:43 PM   #133
Axe Man
Ten Point
 
Axe Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Karnes County
Hunt In: Karnes County
Default

I'm guessing there are no more sales going on these?
Axe Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2019, 03:53 PM   #134
texan4ut
Ten Point
 
texan4ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Where I can, Terrell County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
I'm guessing there are no more sales going on these?
I bought a AT&T version from Be Reel Outdoors 135.36. That was Friday the 20th.
texan4ut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2019, 03:55 PM   #135
Spearchunker
Ten Point
 
Spearchunker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rowlett
Hunt In: Unit 7 KS, Fannin Co, Grayson Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNP16 View Post
Did you try to buy from this site? If itís legit thatís an outstanding price.
I did. Used PayPal so we will see.
Spearchunker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2019, 03:59 PM   #136
texan4ut
Ten Point
 
texan4ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Where I can, Terrell County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearchunker View Post
I did. Used PayPal so we will see.
I looked at that. Great price doesn't say if it is an AT&T, Verizon or the so called Anywhere network. I bought one from Academy that was the anywhere network and never got it to work, my Verizon one works great. We have a new AT&T tower near my lease and I want to try one out there.
texan4ut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2019, 04:12 PM   #137
haas0311
Pope & Young
 
haas0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: From La Vernia, Now live in Corpus Christi
Hunt In: Floresville and anywhere invited!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearchunker View Post
I did. Used PayPal so we will see.
If its legit, I am buying 2!
haas0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2019, 04:50 PM   #138
Spearchunker
Ten Point
 
Spearchunker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rowlett
Hunt In: Unit 7 KS, Fannin Co, Grayson Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haas0311 View Post
If its legit, I am buying 2!
Its limited to 1 per person.

I tried lol. I emailed seller today to confirm. I will update as I go.
Spearchunker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2019, 08:48 AM   #139
James
Ten Point
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: Kinney County, Kansas and Out West
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Mine worked flawlessly first 3 weeks and just stopped two nights ago. Guess there is not much I can do until I drive to the lease
Happen again to me. My issues have been battery life. I purchased the solar panel package deal and had it all hooked up. First time, post Iím quoting when battery got to 50% it stopped sending pics.
Put new 12v battery in and worked perfect another 3 weeks, showed battery going to 95% then just stopped sending pics yesterday.
James is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2019, 08:57 AM   #140
James
Ten Point
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: Kinney County, Kansas and Out West
Default

Texting cams do make it not exciting to go to lease when you know nothing big is coming in. Now i can day dream for 2 days a giant moved in with this weather before opening day!
James is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2019, 12:32 PM   #141
LeanMachine
Ten Point
 
LeanMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canton, tx
Hunt In: east texas
Default

Off topic I guess, but for you guys looking for an affordable text cam, check out the new moultrie XA-7000i and XA-7000v. Only difference between them is verizon or att network. Regular price at academy is $179. There is a $50 mail in rebate through sometime in january. So after that you are very close to the spypoint micro price. I caught them on sale this month for $159. So thats only $109 after rebate.

I got one end of july to put on a pig spot close to home. Signal there is ok but not great. It has been super reliable and seems to have no problem sending pics. I am running cheap rayovac batteries in that one and they are holding up well but I have that cam on a 3 minute delay. So it isn't sending a ton of pics.

I was so happy with how well it worked that I bought 2 more for me and 1 for my dad. I put one up on our new lease in brownwood and it is working like a champ. Moultrie plans are a little on the high side. 1500 pics is $15.99. 3000 is $19.99. There are bigger and smaller plans. I justify it by the fact that they save me that much in gas every month by not having to check them.
LeanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2019, 04:45 PM   #142
Spearchunker
Ten Point
 
Spearchunker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rowlett
Hunt In: Unit 7 KS, Fannin Co, Grayson Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearchunker View Post
Its limited to 1 per person.

I tried lol. I emailed seller today to confirm. I will update as I go.
Scam, started paypal dispute. They sent me a. 50 bath towel lol.
Spearchunker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2019, 04:54 PM   #143
Strummer
Pope & Young
 
Strummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Edna Tx
Hunt In: At Gary's place ,and the backyard
Default

Might have to pick one up for my driveway.
Strummer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2019, 05:13 PM   #144
manwitaplan
Pope & Young
 
manwitaplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanMachine View Post
Off topic I guess, but for you guys looking for an affordable text cam, check out the new moultrie XA-7000i and XA-7000v. Only difference between them is verizon or att network. Regular price at academy is $179. There is a $50 mail in rebate through sometime in january. So after that you are very close to the spypoint micro price. I caught them on sale this month for $159. So thats only $109 after rebate.

I got one end of july to put on a pig spot close to home. Signal there is ok but not great. It has been super reliable and seems to have no problem sending pics. I am running cheap rayovac batteries in that one and they are holding up well but I have that cam on a 3 minute delay. So it isn't sending a ton of pics.

I was so happy with how well it worked that I bought 2 more for me and 1 for my dad. I put one up on our new lease in brownwood and it is working like a champ. Moultrie plans are a little on the high side. 1500 pics is $15.99. 3000 is $19.99. There are bigger and smaller plans. I justify it by the fact that they save me that much in gas every month by not having to check them.


Thanks for the info.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
manwitaplan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2019, 07:25 PM   #145
Roscoe
Pope & Young
 
Roscoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Penelope, TX
Hunt In: Coryell, Hill, Kimble, Navarro Counties
Default

https://www.trailcampro.com/pages/im...-trail-cameras


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2019, 08:19 PM   #146
Sackett
Pope & Young
 
Sackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, TX
Hunt In: Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
https://www.trailcampro.com/pages/im...-trail-cameras


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wow, crazy stuff. I now have 3 of the Link Micros and the one i had up a in Colorado had its antenna eaten off by a bear! Buying the extended antennas posted above and hoping i can get a year out of them.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2019, 04:19 AM   #147
Palmer69
Spike
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Logansport La
Hunt In: Louisiana, Illinois, Kansas, anywhere else invited!!
Default

Anyone have trouble buying the plan after the free 30 days are up? I have two of them that performed great but now it won't allow me to buy a plan. Keep getting a message saying " Notice You must fill-up all profile info and apply changes before choosing a plan" I filled out the profile and hit apply and still get same message. Wondered if anyone else had same issue
Palmer69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2019, 08:55 AM   #148
bollomb
Ten Point
 
bollomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Spring Tx
Hunt In: Trinity
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer69 View Post
Anyone have trouble buying the plan after the free 30 days are up? I have two of them that performed great but now it won't allow me to buy a plan. Keep getting a message saying " Notice You must fill-up all profile info and apply changes before choosing a plan" I filled out the profile and hit apply and still get same message. Wondered if anyone else had same issue
Yes, I got the same msg last night, after 2nd or 3rd try it finally accepted my info. Weird deal but it worked
bollomb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2019, 11:34 AM   #149
texan4ut
Ten Point
 
texan4ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Where I can, Terrell County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer69 View Post
Anyone have trouble buying the plan after the free 30 days are up? I have two of them that performed great but now it won't allow me to buy a plan. Keep getting a message saying " Notice You must fill-up all profile info and apply changes before choosing a plan" I filled out the profile and hit apply and still get same message. Wondered if anyone else had same issue
Make sure you are typing everything in. My computer will auto fill as soon as I type my name and I select auto fill. It didn't like auto fill for the e-mail address.
texan4ut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2019, 12:02 PM   #150
Qban
Four Point
 
Qban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Houston TX
Hunt In: East Tx
Default

They work great! I have two of them and i use the buck filter. Pretty cool, even picks small bucks.
Qban is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com