Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-27-2019, 11:38 AM   #151
MBV77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Clay County

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ncs View Post
The next game is always the most important.

For the team, but the fans can start talking about the next one right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBV77 is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 11:39 AM   #152
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

After the last several years, I take nothing for granted.
Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 11:40 AM   #153
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
After the last two Maryland's some are a bit cautious in being confident. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yup....nothing is a given these days..
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 11:40 AM   #154
Chad C
Pope & Young

How deep is LSU at Corner? Kelvin Joseph is headed to Kentucky and Netherly is in the transfer portal.
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 11:58 AM   #155
17ncs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBV77 View Post
For the team, but the fans can start talking about the next one right now.

I can still remember talking over the LA-Monroe game one year, among others
17ncs is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 12:02 PM   #156
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: public & pvt land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
How deep is LSU at Corner? Kelvin Joseph is headed to Kentucky and Netherly is in the transfer portal.
Kelvin Joseph (Safety) was the 42nd overall ranked player in 2018. All the kid cared about was being a rapper, and smoking weed. Suspended multiple times for failed drug tests and Coach Orgeron told him in the Spring to start looking elsewhere. LSU is so loaded in the secondary that Joseph was never going to see the field, even as a top recruit.

He was in the transfer protocol 3 different times and had to settle for Kentucky since other schools wouldn't waste a scholarship on him. Since he has to sit out 1 year, I doubt he ever plays another down in CFB.

Joseph is from BR and you know it's bad when you're asked to leave the LSU team. Joseph had tons of talent but his heart was in rapping and smoking chronic … definitely not football.

Manny was a WR coming out of Crosby in 2017 and he got caught up in the numbers. LSU was so stacked at WR he rarely saw the field. He was asked to play CB on defense last year and he couldn't make the transition. Netherly could have likely played WR at other schools but it wasn't meant to be at LSU. I wish him well since he was a good kid that tried to change positions in order to see the field. Sadly it didn't work out.

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 08-27-2019 at 12:14 PM.
Cajun Blake is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 12:12 PM   #157
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO

Quote:

Was never going to see the field....deep is an understatement

drop dead fred is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 12:13 PM   #158
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
Kelvin Joseph (Safety) was the 42nd overall ranked player in 2018. All the kid cared about was being a rapper, and smoking weed. Suspended multiple times for failed drug tests and Coach Orgeron told him in the Spring to start looking elsewhere. LSU is so loaded in the secondary that Joseph was never going to see the field, even as a top recruit.

He was in the transfer protocol 3 different times and had to settle for Kentucky since other schools wouldn't waste a scholarship on him. Since he has to sit out 1 year, I doubt he ever plays another down in CFB.

Joseph is from BR and you know it's bad when you're asked to leave the LSU team. Joseph had tons of talent but his heart was in rapping and smoking chronic … definitely not football.

Nailed it....

Old 08-27-2019, 12:15 PM   #159
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Was never going to see the field....deep is an understatement

Neither of them?

Quality depth with underclassmen? No clue, haven't looked at depth chart. I just noticed a tweet talking about these two kids.
Old 08-27-2019, 12:31 PM   #160
RaginCagin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Louisiana

Quote:
Lots of talent but young. Joseph like the weed and unlike the majority of the universities LSU test often for it and suspends players. I know its illegal but not sure why they put themselves at a competitive disadvantage when the ncaa isnt the ones doing the testing. Joseph would have seen a good bit of playing time. He wasn't a starter but is very talented. Netherly isn't a huge loss. He was a wr who played db in our bowl game bc almost every db was out that game and was moved back to wr this spring. He wouldn't have received much pt.
RaginCagin is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #161
Gclyde28
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCagin View Post
Lots of talent but young. Joseph like the weed and unlike the majority of the universities LSU test often for it and suspends players. I know its illegal but not sure why they put themselves at a competitive disadvantage when the ncaa isnt the ones doing the testing. Joseph would have seen a good bit of playing time. He wasn't a starter but is very talented. Netherly isn't a huge loss. He was a wr who played db in our bowl game bc almost every db was out that game and was moved back to wr this spring. He wouldn't have received much pt.
All schools do supplemental drug testing. If it makes it public that a kid a failed a drug test or has been suspended for smoking weed, I can almost guarantee it wasn't the first time they failed a drug test.
Gclyde28 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 12:42 PM   #162
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

Quote:

Netherly jumping in the portal is not a big loss...he was a head case and is going to have a hard time anywhere he ends up.
CoolHandLuke is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 12:42 PM   #163
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Quote:
Neither of them?

Quality depth with underclassmen? No clue, haven't looked at depth chart. I just noticed a tweet talking about these two kids.

Neither... we are loaded in under classmen, an another round of great recruits committed.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:46 PM   #164
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Neither... we are loaded in under classmen, an another round of great recruits committed.

I hear ya, Texas has an embarrassment of riches at the position, but they’re young.

Good thing y’all won’t need either of those kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-27-2019, 12:54 PM   #165
RaginCagin
Ten Point

Quote:
I hear ya, Texas has an embarrassment of riches at the position, but they’re young.

Good thing y’all won’t need either of those kids.

Joseph would have been an asset to LSU as he was/is a very good talent and got lots of pt last year. Not quite starter level at LSU but very good. He was great for depth and especially if someone was injured. He will be a starter at Kentucky next year.
Old 08-27-2019, 12:55 PM   #166
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: public & pvt land

Quote:
Neither of them?

Quality depth with underclassmen? No clue, haven't looked at depth chart.
I just noticed a tweet talking about these two kids.
remember this name … true freshman CB Derek Stingley Jr.
He was the #1 ranked HS player by many recruiting services until the final numbers where he finished 3rd overall.
kid has the potential to be the best CB in the history of LSU football which includes Patrick Peterson and the Honey Badger

No completed passes in his senior year. Only 1 completion in his junior year and that was against a prevent D. Never gave up a TD in his entire career which includes 8th grade. Teams quit throwing his way because he was so good

HS career stats:

27 INT’s
17 PBU’s
2 TKFL’s
3 forced fumbles
2 fumble recoveries
14 punt returns for TD’s
1 kickoff return for TD

early enrollee who practiced with the team before the Fiesta Bowl in January. He was so impressive in practice coaches confirmed he could have started the bowl game. His grandfather is the late Darryl Stingley (WR - Patriots) who was paralyzed by Jack Tatum on this play in 1978.
Cajun Blake is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 01:01 PM   #167
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Joseph career avg is 2 tackles a game and .20 pass defelctions he won’t be missed... Netherly like mentioned before was recruited as a wr and was a fill in

Old 08-27-2019, 01:32 PM   #168
drbonner
Ten Point

Hunt In: Shelby County and Kansas

Quote:
Honey badger couldn’t go without it either. He stuck around BR a while.
drbonner is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 01:42 PM   #169
RaginCagin
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbonner View Post
Honey badger couldn’t go without it either. He stuck around BR a while.
he was suspended numerous times and then kicked off the team. I assure you he wouldn't have been kicked off of the majority of teams. LSU's compliance department is a joke and is one thing the new AD is addressing. Having rules and testing policies is great but at least put yourself on a level playing field with the other teams when it comes to it. Speedy Noil went to A&M for one reason and that was bc their drug testing policy for weed was much more lenient than LSU's, even with that he still got himself in trouble.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:46 PM   #170
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Quote:
he was suspended numerous times and then kicked off the team. I assure you he wouldn't have been kicked off of the majority of teams. LSU's compliance department is a joke and is one thing the new AD is addressing. Having rules and testing policies is great but at least put yourself on a level playing field with the other teams when it comes to it. Speedy Noil went to A&M for one reason and that was bc their drug testing policy for weed was much more lenient than LSU's, even with that he still got himself in trouble.

I can see a change coming soon with woody at the helm now.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:21 PM   #171
RLB
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comal County

Quote:

All these corners in a league that “doesn’t” throw the ball......
RLB is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 02:27 PM   #172
RobPowell
Nubbin' Buck

Hook em horns!
RobPowell is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 03:16 PM   #173
.243 WSSM
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fannin Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Manny was a WR coming out of Crosby in 2017 and he got caught up in the numbers. LSU was so stacked at WR he rarely saw the field. He was asked to play CB on defense last year and he couldn't make the transition. Netherly could have likely played WR at other schools but it wasn't meant to be at LSU. I wish him well since he was a good kid that tried to change positions in order to see the field. Sadly it didn't work out.

..... so stacked that they should be in the cfp this year
.243 WSSM is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 03:35 PM   #174
mmays113
Spike

Hunt In: Wherever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLB View Post
All these corners in a league that “doesn’t” throw the ball......
The SEC throws the rock around now and at the same time there are still several teams that play smash mouth old school.

Put it together and you have to have a hyper adaptable and flexible D to keep up.
mmays113 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 03:50 PM   #175
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmays113 View Post
The SEC throws the rock around now and at the same time there are still several teams that play smash mouth old school.

Put it together and you have to have a hyper adaptable and flexible D to keep up.

Please forgive RLB. He’s not up to snuff in all things SEC. He thanks you for the heads up.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:28 PM   #176
2Lazy2P
Ten Point

Hunt In: NE Texas/SE Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Please forgive RLB. He’s not up to snuff in all things SEC. He thanks you for the heads up.
2Lazy2P is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 05:23 PM   #177
eradicator
Pope & Young

Wait, so LSU is now the 'saints' of college football. No pun intended.....
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 05:43 PM   #178
RaginCagin
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
Yep, you best recognize!
Old 08-27-2019, 05:48 PM   #179
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
You worried about the Tigahs and Saints?
Bayouboy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 05:59 PM   #180
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
You worried about the Tigahs and Saints?
Not the Saints. But I do find it amusing that the "Tigahs" are pretending to take the high road when it comes to NCAA football
Old 08-27-2019, 06:05 PM   #181
MarkV
Pope & Young

Got my tickets in today for LSU and Texas!!!

Section 122
MarkV is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 06:23 PM   #182
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Not the Saints. But I do find it amusing that the "Tigahs" are pretending to take the high road when it comes to NCAA football
Really? I have breaking news for ya. NO top tier team or coach takes the high road.
Bayouboy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 06:32 PM   #183
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
Really? I have breaking news for ya. NO top tier team or coach takes the high road.
Right, this is the amusing part. Maybe I misinterpreted y'alls posts? It's insignificant either way I suppose...
Old 08-27-2019, 07:15 PM   #184
RLB
Pope & Young

Quote:
RLB is very up to snuff on all things SEC....his post was directed at the Big12-2 bootlickers, who claim SEC only runs the ball and their “prolific offenses” are the only ones who can chunk it.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:17 PM   #185
Slew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: nowhere close to home

Bring on Thursday and some football!!! Probably won't get to see the Tigers this weekend. I doubt our NE Arkansas hotel has espnU. I'm hoping my longhorn buddy stocked back up on Octoberfest before next weekend. Haven't figured out what all I'm gonna cook but it will be good!!

Slew is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 07:17 PM   #186
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
RLB is very up to snuff on all things SEC....his post was directed at the Big12-2 bootlickers, who claim SEC only runs the ball and their “prolific offenses” are the only ones who can chunk it.

RLB is not up to snuff on the SmartSarcasm for the gentlemen taking the time to inform RLB about all things SEC..
Old 08-27-2019, 07:44 PM   #187
gekko man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath County and Llano County

Quote:
Let’s play some ball boys...enough of this pointless chit chat!

We comin’!
gekko man is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 08:05 PM   #188
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Wooooooooooo.

Let's go HORNS.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 08:06 PM   #189
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:

Oh yeah, the sec is RLB’s favorite football team.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:14 PM   #190
RLB
Pope & Young

Quote:
RLB is not up to snuff on the SmartSarcasm for the gentlemen taking the time to inform RLB about all things SEC..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekko man View Post
Let’s play some ball boys...enough of this pointless chit chat!

We comin’!
LSU is waitin......yer back, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Oh yeah, the sec is RLB’s favorite football team.
sec sec sec!!!
Old 08-27-2019, 08:17 PM   #191
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

Is this LSU v TX game going to settle the score of who is DBU?

What stats will be the measuring stick so we can crown the DBU champ since both schools claim it.

Brock Middlebrook is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 08:24 PM   #192
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
Is this LSU v TX game going to settle the score of who is DBU?

What stats will be the measuring stick so we can crown the DBU champ since both schools claim it.

Lmao you can’t give yourself a nickname it doesn’t work like that those are handed out by your peers... no one outside of 6th street calls them DBU

Old 08-27-2019, 08:28 PM   #193
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Bleh bleh bleh..

Old 08-27-2019, 08:44 PM   #194
17ncs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slew View Post
Bring on Thursday and some football!!! Probably won't get to see the Tigers this weekend. I doubt our NE Arkansas hotel has espnU. I'm hoping my longhorn buddy stocked back up on Octoberfest before next weekend. Haven't figured out what all I'm gonna cook but it will be good!!

Maybe you can catch Eli and BAMA on the radio.
17ncs is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 08:47 PM   #195
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Lmao you can’t give yourself a nickname it doesn’t work like that those are handed out by your peers... no one outside of 6th street calls them DBU

I see we ran out of Brasso I must have missed the smack talk notice reinstatement from the angel DDF...

Nobody withotu a Katrina card call's LSU DBU anymore..
Old 08-27-2019, 08:57 PM   #196
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
I see we ran out of Brasso I must have missed the smack talk notice reinstatement from the angel DDF...

Not true, lsu is widely known as Dewsh Bag U.

Tell me this...if Texas wins, did lsu just not want to be there?
If lsu wins, do they get credit for a whole win, or does aggy and the sec take part of it?
Old 08-27-2019, 09:04 PM   #197
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Not true, lsu is widely known as Dewsh Bag U.

Tell me this...if Texas wins, did lsu just not want to be there?

If lsu wins, do they get credit for a whole win, or does aggy and the sec take part of it?

You’re used to Aggie spinpalooza if Texas wins they win.... Texas is “back” so i expect a good game. May the better team win

What’s a dewsh?

Old 08-27-2019, 09:05 PM   #198
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Quote:

Oh that’s right..... NFLSU better?

Old 08-27-2019, 09:06 PM   #199
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
You’re used to Aggie spinpalooza if Texas wins they win.... Texas is “back” so i expect a good game. May the better team win

What’s a dewsh?

Somebody found his Brasso...
Old 08-27-2019, 09:06 PM   #200
Chad C
Pope & Young

Default 2019 College Football - Week 1

Quote:

What’s a dewsh?

A polite summers eve used to wipe off the funk...

Closed Thread