Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coporate Can Sometimes Suck!

So when it rains it pours of course!

So today I find out that my company is going towards HDHP (High Deductible Health Plan) for insurance. This does not effect me so much right now as my wife and I are young and pretty healthy. Although for the future it will be a pain in the wallet when we decide to have kids!

So my wife sales new homes and makes 2% commission. Well today she got the news that they are putting all sales people on 1.5% commission from October forward. They reasoned it with they needed to free up money to build more homes and expect everyone to sale 20% more homes next year...

I just needed to vent, when will corporate stop screwing over the employees that make them money.

Corporate has always sucked.

Comment

Ah yes, the "consumer driven health plan".
      Yeah they suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
        Corporate has always sucked.

X2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry this happened.

Do they need some

House for sell signs?

Comment

You should read Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. I'm 27 and it's changed my perspective on the power of money and the many hands that try and reach in and take my hard earned money. Not living the high life by any means, but I certainly have a different plan and point of view than I did. Only complaint I have is I didn't read it sooner.

Comment

Yep I agree!

Comment

What do the other builders pay? It's a free market for both employee and employer.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post

So today I find out that my company is going towards HDHP (High Deductible Health Plan) for insurance. This does not effect me so much right now as my wife and I are young and pretty healthy. Although for the future it will be a pain in the wallet when we decide to have kids!

So my wife sales new homes and makes 2% commission. Well today she got the news that they are putting all sales people on 1.5% commission from October forward. They reasoned it with they needed to free up money to build more homes and expect everyone to sale 20% more homes next year...

I just needed to vent, when will corporate stop screwing over the employees that make them money.
                  They won't. For most when it get's too expensive they revert to outsourcing to cut cost even further. In my line of work this happens more and more every day.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post

When the govt stops putting chokeholds on everything they do. Not to stick up for corporations as they are godless soul destroying mechanisms IMO. But you better believe your HC changes are govt driven all day long.

Comment

If you or your wife don't like the terms or benefits of your employment then work somewhere else. If you and your wife think you are being screwed by the man, sounds like you two should become the man. Why do you think your employer is going to a HDHP? To screw the employees? Same thing with 1.5%?

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                        When the govt stops putting chokeholds on everything they do. Not to stick up for corporations as they are godless soul destroying mechanisms IMO. But you better believe your HC changes are govt driven all day long.
                        I believe this 100% they are also trying to please the shareholders as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                          If you or your wife don't like the terms or benefits of your employment then work somewhere else. If you and your wife think you are being screwed by the man, sounds like you two should become the man. Why do you think your employer is going to a HDHP? To screw the employees? Same thing with 1.5%?
                          The thing is we like our jobs and love what we do in our respective fields. We are also some of the top employees in our fields at such a young age. She is the number 4 seller in her division out of 75+ people so far this year. I have also taken on a whole line of business at my current place where it used to take two people.

Comment

Keep socking those $$ away...it will not be long until we make it back around to catastrophic health insurance and you pay the Dr. for each visit.

If her employer is cutting .5% of commission to build more houses, they are underselling and may be in trouble...right now the market is good in the metromess and housing $$ are actually up.

Comment

Originally posted by RGarza34 View Post
                              You should read Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. I'm 27 and it's changed my perspective on the power of money and the many hands that try and reach in and take my hard earned money. Not living the high life by any means, but I certainly have a different plan and point of view than I did. Only complaint I have is I didn't read it sooner.

X2 for this as well. Sounds like your on the hunt to be an creator/entrepreneur. I love hearing this! I caught the entrepreneurial bug bout 8 years ago myself and never looked back! Cannot believe it took me that long to flip the switch. Some good other readings. Napoleon Hills Think and grow rich, Keys to Success. Also, start training your mindset with repetition everyday to wealth/abundance instead of just working yourself into the dirt everyday with no ultimate purpose set in your mind or goal that you want to accomplish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X