• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool!
    Any nutritional value?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter34 View Post
      Anyone know where to get it around wise county or dfw area?
      I have called a ton of feed stores around dfw and I can't find the cheap stuff. All I have found is stabilized and they want $25 a bag.

Comment

Originally posted by msbb84 View Post
        I have called a ton of feed stores around dfw and I can't find the cheap stuff. All I have found is stabilized and they want $25 a bag.
        Looking in Austin ...having the same results

Comment

Yep

Comment

used it for a few years, they love it

Comment

The only time I tried it the deer would not come back until it was all washed away by the rain. It was unstablized bran I bought straight from the mill and I've heard the stabilized stuff the deer like better because it does not mold as fast or something.

unstabilized bran is $10/100lbs here, not sure on stabilized

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan M View Post
                Cool!
                Any nutritional value?
                From the feed store I buy from...
                13% protein
                13% fat
                13% fiber

In the summer time I mix in a bag of Record Rack Minerals in with the rice bran on a regular basis.

Comment

Normally Atwoods will carry it but someone got smart and slapped it in a 40lb bag and put a deer on the front of it and they charge a little more now.

My deer in sulphur springs will absolutely destroy this stuff, been using it up there for several years. Hoping to build a covered trough for the farm sometime this week or next.

I pour mine out in long lines to allow multiple deer to hit it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                    The only time I tried it the deer would not come back until it was all washed away by the rain. It was unstablized bran I bought straight from the mill and I've heard the stabilized stuff the deer like better because it does not mold as fast or something.

just bought 40lbs for 6$ last week at atwoods. The stuff is cheap.

Comment

Love it!

$6-7 per 50 lbs. I am gonna load up on it this week

Comment

I tried it in East Texas and with all of the pigs around it wouldn't last a single day. all they would do is root up the ground even more and wipe the rice bran out before the deer could find it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post

Mine hasn't lasted long enough to mold.

Comment

Atwoods $5.99 to $6.99 per bag. Deer snort it up like cocaine.

Comment

All my deer look like they were on a powdered doughnut binge after I put it out. I've had bucks that don't go to corn show up after the rice bran.

Comment

Can't keep it on the ground in Tom Green county

Comment

Working...
                                X