Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D-loop vs D knock

I have a few questions

Why do so many ppl prefer the string loop over the Steel one?

I was told if i choose the steel version i would have to use a different peep that that didnt have the crappy tubing from peep to string is that really true?

More people use a string loop instead of the aluminum Ultra-nock because the string loop is lighter and simply put, better.
    Having to use peep tubing is more a string quality issue.

Comment

The steel one can break, damage the serving and string without it being noticed, they are very rough on a caliper release. As far as peep sights, any peep sight can be used.

They are also held together by very small screws. If you are shooting and one backs out, and gets lost, then you are done for the how ever long until you get another screw.

Comment

ok my fear with using a string loop is it will break versis a ultra D loop which is steel and not worried about breaking

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
          The steel one can break, damage the serving and string without it being noticed, they are very rough on a caliper release. As far as peep sights, any peep sight can be used.

They are also held together by very small screws. If you are shooting and one backs out, and gets lost, then you are done for the how ever long until you get another screw.
          Good point i never thought about that

Comment

Originally posted by sir_hell View Post
            ok my fear with using a string loop is it will break versis a ultra D loop which is steel and not worried about breaking
            One advantage of the string over aluminum(not steel) is you can see the wear on the string, and if it looks too worn, you can always change it. The other can break at any given time without looking worn. Also, it can and does damage the string where you can't see it.

Comment

The material used is paracord, very strong, 99% of the time if one did fail it is/was because of the knot.

Comment

I might be wrong, but if the metal loop you're talking about is actual steel, it is gonna be extremely heavy. I think it's aluminum.
                I've seen string loops fray from a burred release jaw, but with the right release,(no burrs), and good loop material, there is no reason to worry about a loop breaking.

Comment

OSBORN'S firecracker string loop put one of this on it will out last the string

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post

x2

Comment

Good Question.I See Both Sides. But Think I'd Go With String Loop

Comment

I have had both the string loop and the aluminum D loop. I prefer the string loop. I can see the wear in the string loop and bow string. After about a year I had to change my string with the D loop because the attachment points began wearing into the bow string.

Comment

D-loop vs D knock

I have heard the metal one will slow the bow a few fps. Dunno if true tho

Comment

I had a metal one several years ago and it would hang on my calipers, nothing scarier then hitting the trigger and nothing happening for a few seconds.

Comment

Re: D-loop vs D knock

I would only use bcy d loop material or string/serving material as a torque free loop. Much better than anything that clamps the string. You don't need to worry about a string loop breaking. Tie the knot properly and monitor wear every few hundred shots.

Para cord is never used as a d loop btw.

Comment

Working...
                              X