Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my take on the cowboy game

PLEASE KEEP THIS CIVIL

this is not meant as a bash on the cowboys. just my opinion of the days events. those that are fb friends with me will see this there.

ok so all day today all I've heard is the green bay and dallas game. specifically the catch no catch of dez Bryant. I've also heard how that catch, no catch cost the cowboys the game. this in my opinion is totally wrong and i'll do my best to explain.
    everyone knows there are three divisions of football. the offense, defense and special teams. let's start one by one explaining how each cost the cowboys the win on sunday.
    1st offense: the fumble by Demarcus murray cost the cowboys seven points by a green bay touchdown on the following drive.
    2nd special teams: dan bailey had the opportunity not only once but twice to make the field goal and failed on both attempts.
    so with the final score of the game being green bay 26 cowboys 21. these two factors alone. Demarcus murray not fumbling and dan bailey making the field goal would in essence bring the score to green bay 16 cowboys 21 cowboy win.
    now we come to the controversial call of no catch. that according to most cowboy fans cost them the game. here's where your wrong in my opinion. when dez was tackled at the one yard line there was still 4:30 left on the clock. now me watching many, many packer games. I feel I know for the most part what coach mccarthy is going to do. if the catch would have stood and the cowboys would have first and goal at the one. mr McCarthy would have allowed the run in touchdown to conserve the clock. now with the score 26 to 28 cowboys green bay would have started on the green bay 20 given that the cowboys would have just booted it into the endzone.now your asking your defense that hasn't gotten a pass rush worth a flip all afternoon to make a stand there and keep green bay out of field goal range(because that's all they needed to win the game). now the cowboy fans will say yes they could do it, but if they could do that then why with 4:30 left in the game could they not keep green bay to a three and out.(they ended up with two first downs in that series) giving the cowboys plenty of time to get the ball down the field for a touchdown. I've seen dallas do it quite a few times. now we come to the randall cobb trap catch that was trapped and according to most cowboys fans bounce off the turf. again the score being 26 to 21 take away the three points generated from the series the score would have been 23 to 21 green bay win. do I think the catch that dez made was a legit catch yes , but bear in mind that both this play and the cobb catch were both reviewed in the booth. i'm sorry for such a hard loss. wish it wouldn't have gone with a call like that. great work by the cowboys for a year that in all regard was suppose to be the worst year in cowboy history.

just to add I think that this rule along with a few others like the tuck rule should be taken out of the rule books so things like this don't happen to games

sincerely
    a green bay packer backer

Pretty well organized statement and as a lifelong Cowboys fan I said the exact same thing yesterday. The call was wrong but they weren't stopping Rodgers with 4:30 left. There were even more missed opportunities than you mentioned. They caused a fumble on a kickoff but failed to recover. It was at a time I felt they could have put the Packers away too. The Packers played a better 60 minutes than the Boys did. By 5 points.

Great season, now draft a **** pass rusher please.

Comment

Originally posted by buckybill View Post
      PLEASE KEEP THIS CIVIL

this is not meant as a bash on the cowboys. just my opinion of the days events. those that are fb friends with me will see this there.

ok so all day today all I've heard is the green bay and dallas game. specifically the catch no catch of dez Bryant. I've also heard how that catch, no catch cost the cowboys the game. this in my opinion is totally wrong and i'll do my best to explain.
      everyone knows there are three divisions of football. the offense, defense and special teams. let's start one by one explaining how each cost the cowboys the win on sunday.
      1st offense: the fumble by Demarcus murray cost the cowboys seven points by a green bay touchdown on the following drive.
      2nd special teams: dan bailey had the opportunity not only once but twice to make the field goal and failed on both attempts.
      so with the final score of the game being green bay 26 cowboys 21. these two factors alone. Demarcus murray not fumbling and dan bailey making the field goal would in essence bring the score to green bay 16 cowboys 21 cowboy win.
      now we come to the controversial call of no catch. that according to most cowboy fans cost them the game. here's where your wrong in my opinion. when dez was tackled at the one yard line there was still 4:30 left on the clock. now me watching many, many packer games. I feel I know for the most part what coach mccarthy is going to do. if the catch would have stood and the cowboys would have first and goal at the one. mr McCarthy would have allowed the run in touchdown to conserve the clock. now with the score 26 to 28 cowboys green bay would have started on the green bay 20 given that the cowboys would have just booted it into the endzone.now your asking your defense that hasn't gotten a pass rush worth a flip all afternoon to make a stand there and keep green bay out of field goal range(because that's all they needed to win the game). now the cowboy fans will say yes they could do it, but if they could do that then why with 4:30 left in the game could they not keep green bay to a three and out.(they ended up with two first downs in that series) giving the cowboys plenty of time to get the ball down the field for a touchdown. I've seen dallas do it quite a few times. now we come to the randall cobb trap catch that was trapped and according to most cowboys fans bounce off the turf. again the score being 26 to 21 take away the three points generated from the series the score would have been 23 to 21 green bay win. do I think the catch that dez made was a legit catch yes , but bear in mind that both this play and the cobb catch were both reviewed in the booth. i'm sorry for such a hard loss. wish it wouldn't have gone with a call like that. great work by the cowboys for a year that in all regard was suppose to be the worst year in cowboy history.

just to add I think that this rule along with a few others like the tuck rule should be taken out of the rule books so things like this don't happen to games

sincerely
      Agree! Good post!

But the rule sucks and Dez caught the ball!!! It hurts bad for us die hard Cowboy fans!!!!!

Go Cowboys!!!!

I hope the Packer win the SB!!!! I love Aaron Rogers!!! He's a fine man and the best QB in the League!! I also love Clay Mathews and love the way he plays ball!!!

Go Pac!!

Comment

Sometimes you just can't beat that 12th man. That's the way football go.

Comment

Most cowboy fans here agree that the bad call did not cost the cowboys the game and I'm one of them. The biggest factor was the couldn't even slow down a hurt Rogers in the 4th quarter. He was 10 for 10 with 8 first downs and 2 tds. I still say it's a catch but I'm just excited that they are now in a position to reload and make another run at it.

Comment

This dead horse has been beat enough. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterchris View Post
              This dead horse has been beat enough. Just my opinion.
              i'm sorry you feel that way. I just got on and had this in my mind all day today.

Comment

Dead.

Horse is....

Dead.

Did not read.

Comment

Agree with some disagree with other. Football is a game of opportunities. Bryant's catch with just over 4min stands they score from the half yard line. At this point boys do not kick the extra point they go for 2 to make it a 3 pt game. Now the question is does Greenbay get the kickoff at the 20 and drive it downfield to score with no time left? Probably so IMO. But there's always and I stress always the chance that Dallas stops him. It's sports almost impossible to predict the outcome. They did put pressure on rodgers early in game and made him fumble as well which boys scored on. He was not mobil at all. My problem with the entire thing is by rule and rule alone Bryant's ball was incomplete. By every means of the word "caught" however he caught the ball took three steps and lunged for the end zone with complete control. If this stands and Dallas scores we as fans get the OPPORTUNITY to see IF Rodgers drives down field, scores and adds to his legend OR if the under matched Dallas defense makes some kind of amazing play and wins the game. At that point in time yes, that play had a huge effect on the outcome of the game. Not who wins or looses but the opportunity for us as fans to see what COULD have been one of the most exciting finishes in recent memory. Instead of talking about Rodgers great drive or cowboys unbelievable defensive stand we are talking about refs and rules of what's considered a "catch". Personally I feel like I got screwed out of an amazing finish.

Comment

Nice story buckybill. They got screwed out of a chance of victory. They weren't guaranteed a win from that catch but atleast had a chance and that was taken from them.
                    Last edited by Aboud; 01-12-2015, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Had the boys got the catch they would have ran the ball for a TD. 27-26. Maybe not on the first play but if not they would have surely burned the clock in between plays. Go for 2 because you have nothing to lose but can force GB to have to score a TD to win.

That booth review took the win out of the Cowboys hands. It was a bad review. Either it was or the Cobb trap was. NFL can't have it both ways.

Comment

The Packers won the game fair and square, but they were very lucky in doing so, imo the better team did not win the game, if the Packers beat the Hawks I will give them their due.

Comment

Originally posted by buckybill View Post
                          PLEASE KEEP THIS CIVIL

sincerely
                          I may be wrong but I am pretty sure that the DeMarco fumble was a ten point swing. By that I mean that he looked like he would have taken it to the house. That would be 7 points. The Cowboys held GB to a field goal after the fumble. If I am wrong I must have been drunk and I wasn't drinking. Who knows we lost and it sucks!!!

Comment

Dez made a great catch. We got screwed. Ya Murray fumbled, there were bad spots, Cobb got a goldennugget, blah blah. At the end of the day, Dez got screwed and we lost. That was a game changer

Comment

Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray put the team’s lead at risk with a fumble in the third quarter, but the Cowboys remained in front after a costly penalty by T.J. Lang forced the Packers to settle for a field goal.

I just copied and pasted this from the web. I thought they only scored 3 after the fumble. Still sucks!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X