No announcement yet.

Shotgun Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Nova all the way! I have 2 of them and have yet to screw one up in 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamic1 View Post
      Whatever one fits you.
      This. If it fits you and feels right it's the right one.

Comment

Browning bps. I don't know what they cost these day's, I have had one for about 20 years now.its killed a truck load of ducks, geese, dove and a couple Turkey's. Even a pig with 3 rounds of #2 steel... it has never failed me..

Comment

Save a few extra bucks,and buy a used semi auto,just my $.02

Comment

Depends on what you want, pump gun or semi auto. I have the Tri Star Viper it's a semi auto and great little gun for the price. I would avoid anything Remington for a while. Their quality has really fallen off.

Comment

I like my 887

Comment

If you are looking for a pump it's hard to beat an 870.

I know a duck guide who buys a new one every year. He shoots it all season then sells it for just about the same amount he paid for it new. Every season he starts with a new one.

Comment

You'll never go wrong with an 870. I still love to hunt with my 870 Wingmaster from 1974 that is just 2 3/4 and full choke. Bass Pro has an 870 Express Magnum for $325 and 870 Super Magnum for $365.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                    For not much more you could get the Stoeger 3500 or 2000. Both great guns for about $550
                    x2 on this

Comment

Get a Nelli you won't go wrong

Comment

I have an 887 if your interested and I go through SA alot, I'll let you try it out. I'm wanting to sell it, I bought it and then got the Stoeger, I never even used the gun.

Comment

Of those two I go benelli. If you're in the 500 range you can get a real nice bps at gander for 550. If stay away from the 887, the stoegers for me just were so/so. One I shot had to use the heavy dove loads to cycle. The other I just didn't like the balance.

Comment

I got the 887 about a year ago and I absolutely love it. rugged gun not to heavy easy to clean and shoots well.

Comment

As stated above, 870 is hard to beat. I have a dipped super mag that has gone through 10 duck seasons now and still functions perfectly. Hunted usually 20 days in the duck woods then turkey/dove/rabbit/deer for a total of 20 more days per year. 400 hunts with no problems, so I cant complain!

Comment

My brother loves his 887

Comment

Working...
                                X