No announcement yet.

Trying to let this one walk....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about talking to the 10 acre guy and seeing what his thoughts are, he might be thinking the same about you as what everyone is saying about him. You two may be very like minded about the deer around you. Who knows, he may have some great ideas or be willing to help out with cost and labor for food plots and such to make the area better for the deer.

As for the deer, I agree on around 4 and pushing 150

Comment

Given the small acreage... whack.

Comment

first pic looks 4.5, next two look 3.5.... no way do I see 5.5

on my little hill country place, I'd whack him... at my Evant place (bigger, better odds of seeing again and making it) I'd let me walk...

when you see him in person, age him, way easier in person to do it... I have trouble shooting a 3.5 year old... but I could talk myself into
        Last edited by catslayer; 10-01-2015, 07:36 AM.

Comment

I dont see how yall say 5.5. He doesnt have one indication of being mature

His body is tiny. i see 3.5 and maybe 4.5

What an amazing buck

Comment

IF you were on a huge place w plenty of cover and forage for him, I'd let him go another year.

But you are on a small area surrounded by yahoos w guns and bows, and they will not hesitate to put him on their wall.

Whack him and continue your management plans w water and feed for the next monster to grow.

Comment

Man I cannot get him to 5.5, I think he is a 4 year old 160"s. Its one heck of a predicament your in due to the tight neighbor situation. If your truly into growing bigger better deer you should probably let him walk and hope the neighbor doesn't see him. If it was me, Im whacking his ace! LOL

To answer your question "truly", just ask your self--If the neighbors were not hunters would you shoot him..... and that is your answer!

Good Luck

Comment

Your situation, I'd be shooting.

Comment

Shoot.....

Comment

It is hard to grow any kind of deer on the info you have given. The fact is that he will get whacked by any of the surrounding land owners so you might as well do it!

Comment

Shoot based on the acreage you hunt.

Comment

WHACK WHACK WHACK!!! If given the opportunity at day break on Saturday I'd say ground check'em and never miss any sleep over it.

btw did I say to WHACK'em?

Comment

Shoot him.

IMO-he's 4-5 and more than likely 5. He's a huge deer and given your situation won't make the year unless he goes underground.

Comment

High 60's possibly into the 70's in my opinion. I can't put pen to paper right now but I will. I see a 4 or 5 year old deer. On small acerage it's time to kill him!

Comment

Heck of a deer!!!!

I wouldn't blame you one bit for killing him...That's an awesome critter.

I'd say shoot him.

Comment

Normally what the neighbors might do, would have little bearing on my decision...............but I be really happy to put him on the wall now.

I'd shoot!

Comment

Working...
                                X