Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RH competition shooters using LH rifles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is nothing new in the benchrest world. The guns he’s talking about are right handed bolts with a left side loading port. Keeps the shooters head in the scope. Typically the case ejects on the right ride so it falls gently onto a towel to protect the valuable case.
    There are several different configurations available.

Comment

Had two guys in my last platoon that were lefties. Since all M40's are RH they were forced to use them and they really liked it. In the prone there is no way a RH shooter could keep up with them when it came to rapid fire engagements. Their face never left the stock, their strong hand never came off the grip and they could work the bolt stupid fast. Being a short action helps since the bolt didn't come back far enough to hit them him the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
        Righted handed gun, left eyed shooter my left hand (trigger hand) holds the gun while I work the bolt wire my right. Or load.
        Gun remains in position on bag and trigger hand never leaves grip.
        now that's the first thing I've heard that makes some sense.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
          Had two guys in my last platoon that were lefties. Since all M40's are RH they were forced to use them and they really liked it. In the prone there is no way a RH shooter could keep up with them when it came to rapid fire engagements. Their face never left the stock, their strong hand never came off the grip and they could work the bolt stupid fast. Being a short action helps since the bolt didn't come back far enough to hit them him the face.
          This is exactly what is happening. Bench rifles have been built with left side load slots cut for a long time. This is just a simpler/cheaper way to accomplish the same thing. It doesn't take a lot of practice to operate the bolt and load the round with your off hand meanwhile you maintain your cheek weld, hold, and eye on target.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Why?

How can a RH shooter keep their eye on the target with the bolt on the left side??? I can’t see the reasoning. Help me.
            Check out some target shooting websites. Im not sure about the "keeping their eye on the target" but, you will see righties shooting lefty bolts quite often and vice versa. Im a righty and I shoot lefty. Tried a left handed bolt and I couldn't get the hang of it.

Comment

I have some left handed 30.06 shell casings for sale.
              only dropped once.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                only dropped once.
                This made me giggle

Comment

only dropped once.

[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

only dropped once.
                    Did you buy any French rifles the same way?

Comment

Working...
                    X