Name:	IMG_0340.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	25149225Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0343.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	25149226

Worked pretty hard on building 20 noodle jugs. I went through 500’ of tar dipped nylon and 40 7/0 circle hooks. I still need to build about bout 40 drops.

It will all be worth it when I’m hauling in the cats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good! really need to do the same. Did you follow any plans or just wing it? Did you weight them so they will “flag”? I Can’t decide how I want to do mine exactly

Comment

I need to come up with a better hook storage system. They never seem to unroll like I want

Comment

I love running jugs with my boys. Looks like you've got a pretty good setup. Are you going to weight them or free float? I've had pretty good luck with 12" pieces of rebar for weights. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by K-Train View Post
          Looks good! really need to do the same. Did you follow any plans or just wing it? Did you weight them so they will “flag”? I Can’t decide how I want to do mine exactly

I made half to flag and half not too. I followed plans that I found on here by googling noodle jug lines.

Mine are 24” of pvc and 16” pool noodle end caps and an eye bolt that’s epoxied in the cap. As far as line goes I made them 20-25’ with a 3 hook set up. I put a swivel on a trot line clip about every 4’ starting 2-3’ off the bottom. Then I made my drops so I can clip them on and off with the trot line clip, they range from 10-14” each has a 7/0 eagle claw circle hook.

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
            I love running jugs with my boys. Looks like you've got a pretty good setup. Are you going to weight them or free float? I've had pretty good luck with 12" pieces of rebar for weights. Good luck!

I’m going to free float some and anchor most. How do you have your rebar weights rigged up?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I need to come up with a better hook storage system. They never seem to unroll like I want
              That’s why I used trot line clips so there is no hooks on the jug when I’m done fishing it, hopefully it works as planned.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                That’s why I used trot line clips so there is no hooks on the jug when I’m done fishing it, hopefully it works as planned.
                That's the idea I had and just haven't done it. I made my weights with the bottom of water bottles and sac Crete. Add tie wire loops and carabiners.

Comment

That's the idea I had and just haven't done it. I made my weights with the bottom of water bottles and sac Crete. Add tie wire loops and carabiners.

I’ve made weights similar to that using Dixie cups.

Comment

I made half to flag and half not too. I followed plans that I found on here by googling noodle jug lines.

Mine are 24” of pvc and 16” pool noodle end caps and an eye bolt that’s epoxied in the cap. As far as line goes I made them 20-25’ with a 3 hook set up. I put a swivel on a trot line clip about every 4’ starting 2-3’ off the bottom. Then I made my drops so I can clip them on and off with the trot line clip, they range from 10-14” each has a 7/0 eagle claw circle hook.
                    Exactly how I make mine!

Yep, make the drops just long enough that when you hang the drop from the top of the 5 gallon bucket the clip is just short of the bottom of the bucket so it hangs straight. Works great. And if you have little kids helping run the lines you can un-clip the hooks as they get to the boat. If there is a big fish on the bottom hook you don't want any hooks still tied on around those kids.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      Exactly how I make mine!

Yep, make the drops just long enough that when you hang the drop from the top of the 5 gallon bucket the clip is just short of the bottom of the bucket so it hangs straight. Works great. And if you have little kids helping run the lines you can un-clip the hooks as they get to the boat. If there is a big fish on the bottom hook you don't want any hooks still tied on around those kids.

Do you put the clips on the drops or the jugs?

Also if you clip a clip to a swivel instead of the line will it hold like it’s supposed to?

Comment

I put the clips on the drops, and I clip them directly to the line. That way depending on where I'm fishing I can set the drops at whatever depth I want and I don't have any swivels on the line to get tangled up when rolling the noodle up. The clips I use have a swivel on them to help with the line getting tangled up.

Comment

Have the laws changed? I thought they had to be primarily white in color.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                            I put the clips on the drops, and I clip them directly to the line. That way depending on where I'm fishing I can set the drops at whatever depth I want and I don't have any swivels on the line to get tangled up when rolling the noodle up. The clips I use have a swivel on them to help with the line getting tangled up.
                            Did you add the swivel on the clip or buy them that way. I might have to try mine that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                              Have the laws changed? I thought they had to be primarily white in color.

Skinny
                              Yes the law changed a few years back if I’m not mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                              X