No announcement yet.

Hip surgery done today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have hunted with a guy for 30 years. 5 years ago he could barely get around with a walker his hips were so bad. He had both replaced and now he outworks all of us. It just takes time and physical therapy to get back to normal.

Comment

I had my first PT yesterday. My hip flexors aren’t working right yet so that’s my main issue. The PT felt pretty good. Constipation is an issue as well. Hopefully I’ll be off the pain meds pretty soon.

Sleeping on my back really sucks.

Comment

Hang in there and do the therapy like its the only thing there is. I wish my hip had broke instead of my femur, with a replacement hip I would have been done with this a long time ago. Hip dislocated also, apparently severely damaging the connective tissues. 20 months later I am still struggling. Without the therapy, I would still be on a walker. Progress for me is so slow at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
          I had my first PT yesterday. My hip flexors aren’t working right yet so that’s my main issue. The PT felt pretty good. Constipation is an issue as well. Hopefully I’ll be off the pain meds pretty soon.

Sleeping on my back really sucks.
          Hang in there the bad will be over sooner than later and life will be great. Maybe as a present to yourself you could find a new avatar pic!

Comment

Good to hear you are up and around this morning. Best of luck as you progress from here. Everyone I know who has had hip replacement surgery say it's the best thing they could've done and all are virtually pain free after a while.

Comment

Glad to hear recovery is going ok. It will get better like everyone has said.

hip replacement is in my future as well. Wonder if it will even out my leg length difference?

Comment

My surgery is scheduled for 7/17 at Dell Seton in Austin. I've been suffering with pain for 14 months. After several different Dr visits and multiple back injections was referred to Dr. Rose in Austin and in less than a 3 minute exam, he said your at the wrong office, your problem is not your back, your problem is your hip!

So I am very anxious to get this done and be able to walk again painfree.

Comment

The squat rack is calling your new hip. hehehe, speedy recovery!

Comment

You need some taco bell to get things moving again? Good luck with the recovery.

Comment

Good luck, man! I had hip surgery to repair a torn labrum in my right hip in 2015. Was so good to not be in pain. The meds help at first, but then you need to feel the pain a bit so you know your limits until you can go full weight in the hip again.

Good luck! Therapy is the key!

Comment

Physical therapy is going well. Leg feels stronger every day and the therapy gets tougher ever day. I’m going three days a week. I start back to work Monday. Not bad forn3 weeks post op.

Comment

One of my best friends, Phil Lyne had both hips replaced a couple of years ago and said that he never experienced any pain from the minute they completed the surgery. He is 70 years old today and back to doing what he did twenty years ago. Good luck and I agree that therapy is most important.
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                            Physical therapy is going well. Leg feels stronger every day and the therapy gets tougher ever day. I’m going three days a week. I start back to work Monday. Not bad forn3 weeks post op.

Excellent!

Comment

Wife is waiting for her appointment in early August, looking at replacement of left hip.

I had one 8 years ago and starting to have problems again. Don't know about procedures and joints these days, but they don't last forever.

Good for you, do the therapy and take time to heal. Prayers sent...…….

Comment

Had not seen this but glad the procedure went well and that you are recovery well. If and when you get out to your lease, if you need a hand with anything give me a holler bud.

Comment

Working...
                                X