How much to move a safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much to move a safe?

Been thinking about getting a big gun safe ~600-700 lbs... Retailers from me are 10-15 miles and it would be first floor about 20' into the house.. Would only have to clear the front door threshold as far as lifting

Anybody done this and what's the going rate these days?

Ive done it twice in the last month. It was $250 cash for each. Same distance and everything you mentioned essentially.

Comment

My bil and I moved my grand dads in his house. Put it on dry ice and slid it into place. Dry ice evaporated and there it sits today...

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
        My bil and I moved my grand dads in his house. Put it on dry ice and slid it into place. Dry ice evaporated and there it sits today...
        Now that's a cool idea!

Comment

THanks for the reply on cost.... That dry ice is something I'd like to see

Comment

I paid $200 to get mine moved, but don’t remember who did it.

Comment

250$ and done it 3 times in two years. Moore security if you are in the Houston area. Awesome guys.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Ground floor move I do myself but I wont do another one one up stairs!

Comment

Paid $200 for mine as well.

Comment

$250 here also.

Comment

I just had one moved (1,500lbs) for $440

Comment

I'm in retail construction. We use dry ice or golf balls.

Comment

I've got to see this dry ice thing for sure.. Sounds like $250 is the going rate but count myself lucky if I can find it for around $200.. Thanks all

Comment

Mine is about the same size. I used a huge appliance dolly with a strap for mine (from Uhaul but I own one)... I took and 45'd a 2x4 length wise and put in front of my door threshhold and rolled it right up into my home. Had my wife pushing while I held it up balanced and pulled.

Comment

We moved ours our selves, don't think it was quite that heavy, but still heavy. Had wood floors so we just flipped a bathrug upside down and put the safe on that. It slid pretty easy just pushed and pulled a little and stayed on the rug. Then just did a little finagling to get it off the rug in place.

Comment

Working...
                              X