Firestick? Worthless or worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firestick? Worthless or worth it?

There's a guy on my wife's Facebook selling unlocked firesticks for $80. Anyone use these or know what to expect? I was gonna buy one but thought I'd ask here first if they are worth a dang or not.

Not worth paying him $80, buy one for $35 and do it yourself. YouTube is your friend also search for the cut the cord thread in here.

Comment

Very easy to unlock, don't pay someone to do.

Comment

Yep do it yourself or spend the money on a better device.

Comment

I knew I could count on y'all.

Comment

You can start here. He has a lot of good stuff out there.
            Get FREE Supercharge Kodi Guide Install The Best Secret Kodi Addons With A Few Clicks! Perfect for Firestick, Android TV, Google TV, PC, Mac, Phones,

Comment

I have an unlocked fire stick, and barely use it. If you like movies, they are freaking awesome, but for general everyday TV, I prefer directv. We hardly ever watch a movie. I guess, if you know what shows you want to watch, it woulf be great too, but I normally jist channel surf till I find a documentary on something that interests me. I was the weird kid that liked the documentaries in school.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****....what a ride!"

Comment

I use a jailbroken firestick 95% of the time when I watch tv the other time is Netflix. I'll never pay as much for tv as I used to again.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                  Yep do it yourself or spend the money on a better device.
                  I bought a bad a.. box from wes and its all I need.....antenna for local channels

Comment

We have Off Air TV, Netflix, DirecTV Now, and a Firestick with the build that Wes created. Dropped DirecTV last month and went from $165 to $35 a month for DTV Now. I'd drop DTV Now except there are a couple of channels my wife likes on there. Still saving $130 a month.

Comment

For $80 you could get the Amazon FireTV box and load Kodi yourself. It's worth every penny. Especially if you have Amazon Prime.

Comment

Just got the Fire box and love it. I have prime as well, so I get all the stuff that goes with that as well. Mobdro is another add on that has a lot of live tv. The fire stick is wifi only, so I went with the box so I could plug a CAT 6 cable in it and not get the buffering.

Comment

Does anybody in the Fort Worth area have a list of what channels they get on their over the air antenna? I saw a list and it shows in the Dallas area you got Fox and ABC but the list for Fort Worth didn't include those, guess my question is can you pick up both Dallas and FW channels?

Comment

I have a firestick. Don't use it much. We use our Google Chromecast 95% of the time to stream content. I just like how I can use my cellphone to control what's showing. The firestick is good for movies or Amazon TV shows. As was said, save money and do it yourself, if you want it hacked.

Comment

I have the Firestick, Chromecast and a Roku. I like the Roku the best. I find it easier to search for shows and find what I am looking for. But all three work just fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X